Voodoo Blue Update

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

After my unexpected purchase last week I thought I'd give you an update since today was the first time I had a chance to take the new Voodoo Blue GTS out for a run and see how it compares to my previous Carmine Red GTS. We went up to Bicester for the Sunday Scramble as we haven't been for a year and the weather promised to be really good.

Interior

I had black/beige leather in my Carmine as I've always preferred lighter interiors but also like the darker dash combination. The Voodoo has the leather/alcantara and I have to say while obviously darker it is very comfortable and nicely offset with the silver stitching. I think the sunroof helps keep everything a bit brighter as it did in the Carmine well so overall I'm quite happy with it so far. Voodoo also has the heated steering wheel which I tried for the first time this morning and think this is a must have for any future purchases.

Connect Plus

I've not got to grips with this yet but I have tried Apple CarPlay. I wasn't a fan of this as my previous experience in a rented Mustang in the US wasn't that great. However now you can use Waze and Google Maps I'm a convert. I'm not sure how useful all the other Apps are from Porsche but I guess we'll see as time permits.

Suspension

Voodoo has air which I'd never seriously considered before. How wrong I was. Not that the steel/PASM set up is bad it's just air is a noticeable step up in terms of control, firmness and comfort. Again another must have for the future.

Running In

It is difficult keeping the revs down after having had a car that you can use all the power on demand. But here's the thing the Macan is so capable that even keeping the revs down doesn't detract from the fun you can have. Although I'm looking forwards to being able to use all its talents in the near future.

Headlights

I had Xenons on the Carmine and to be honest I always found them really good especially compared to the Halogens I have on my SLK. Voodoo has LED Headlights but I've not used them yet so I'm quite looking forwards to seeing how they compare to Xenons.

Colour

I think that Carmine Red is one of the best colours Porsche offer and it always seems incredibly vivid even in the dullest weather. But I also think Voodoo Blue has the same impact. I love both and even though I'm sad to see my Carmine go it's been replaced by a colour that is it's equal and of course there will be a lot less of them out in the wild.

Overall

I was eagerly anticipating the details of Macan .2 but all of that has been put on hold now I'm onto my third Macan .1. Having seen whats on offer with the updated model I don't think I'm missing out by much and really happy to have made the change to Voodoo. Oh, and I'm clearly a closet patriot having now had a red, white and now blue Macan and having red, white and blue cars on the drive.

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25

Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

πŸ‘ nice set of pics too!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Great write-up and photos Myopik. πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

Must say the voodoo really stands out and suits the Macan admirably. You won't loose it the car park either! Like you, I'm a big fan of the leather / Alcantara as it feels "softer and warmer" than the all leather seats.

Happy motoring, especially once you've run it in. πŸ‘ΌπŸ˜‰
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

That is a hugely attractive machine. Congratulations
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Beautiful machine, enhanced by the rarity of its striking colour! πŸ’™

P.S. You need to change tagline to β€œ...bright BLUE GTS...”. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col M

Post by Col M »

Excellent update. Just one thing left to do... your signature!
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great photos and lovely machine πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Cheers all, signature updated and avatar added.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nice 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

Lovely looking GTS ,probably not see another one in that colour and spec.