Mac 2 or not to Mac 2. Advise please.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Dandock wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:45 am So... is the PEC day valid if I cancel. And what happens if I take it, then cancel? 😈

Has anyone been in that situation?
I would guess they would take the cost from your deposit, that £1000 should do it. 😖
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

The Model X has a towbar option but range drops to not much over 100 miles. This is an area that EVs haven't yet optimised for (no surprise as it's not really a priority)
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

CharlesElliott wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am The Model X has a towbar option but range drops to not much over 100 miles. This is an area that EVs haven't yet optimised for (no surprise as it's not really a priority)
True, towing basically appears to halve your range from what people are saying on the Tesla forums. Model X towbar is now actually standard fitment, which was a nice bonus for me as I use a towbar mounted bike rack.

I don't think there's an obvious solution to EV towing other than ever larger batteries and more efficient trailer aerodynamics. Possibly incorporating a secondary battery in whatever you are towing might work so you don't have to carry excess battery weight when not towing. On the plus side there should be a lot less caravans on our roads in the next 20 years!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:45 am So... is the PEC day valid if I cancel. And what happens if I take it, then cancel? 😈

Mike
I placed an order with two seperate OPCs for my Turbo with the intention of going with the OPC that gave me the build date that suited me the best.

I then had a PEC invite via OPC 1 and booked a date, they then came onto me with a build slot that would require lockdown of spec before I had been to the PEC but at the PEC I had arranged and achieved a drive of a Turbo with almost the same spec as I wanted. So I declined the build but put Yorkshire Dave in touch with the OPC and he got the build slot.

Did the PEC thing then got offered a build slot via OPC 2 which suited me perfectly.

So I cancelled the order with OPC 1 and got a full refund.

Then I got another invite from the PEC related to the order via OPC 2 :D
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:16 am

Mike
I placed an order with two seperate OPCs for my Turbo with the intention of going with the OPC that gave me the build date that suited me the best.

I then had a PEC invite via OPC 1 and booked a date, they then came onto me with a build slot that would require lockdown of spec before I had been to the PEC but at the PEC I had arranged and achieved a drive of a Turbo with almost the same spec as I wanted. So I declined the build but put Yorkshire Dave in touch with the OPC and he got the build slot.

Did the PEC thing then got offered a build slot via OPC 2 which suited me perfectly.

So I cancelled the order with OPC 1 and got a full refund.

Then I got another invite from the PEC related to the order via OPC 2 :D
Sounds promising, Col.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Does anyone have the expected delivery timeline for the first Macan 2s?
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Paul

Post by Paul »

only best or educated guesses of possibly end of this year for a "base" 2.0 and well into Q1 for a 3.0 depending on dealer allocations.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
skipper

Post by skipper »

Well I bought my first Macan and my first Porsche this week. I got 5% off a pre-reg 68 plate diesel S with 17 miles on the clock. I am with those of you who don't want to be distracted or kept waiting for the facelift to arrive. Am am delighted with my Macan in its old clothes.

Incidentally, I part exchanged a Jaguar F-Type which I had had for two years without a single fault. It was brilliant to drive but oddly, I like my diesel Macan better. It is fast, sporty, more practical, and those PDLS headlights are amazing!
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
Paul

Post by Paul »

skipper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:54 am Well I bought my first Macan and my first Porsche this week. I got 5% off a pre-reg 68 plate diesel S with 17 miles on the clock. I am with those of you who don't want to be distracted or kept waiting for the facelift to arrive. Am am delighted with my Macan in its old clothes.

Incidentally, I part exchanged a Jaguar F-Type which I had had for two years without a single fault. It was brilliant to drive but oddly, I like my diesel Macan better. It is fast, sporty, more practical, and those PDLS headlights are amazing!
👍👍 Pics......!!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

skipper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:54 am Well I bought my first Macan and my first Porsche this week. I got 5% off a pre-reg 68 plate diesel S with 17 miles on the clock. I am with those of you who don't want to be distracted or kept waiting for the facelift to arrive. Am am delighted with my Macan in its old clothes.

Congrats & welcome! :)

Yeah, pics & spec please! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018