Ride Height - GTS vs Turbo

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Hi All,

I'm trying to find the right Macan for me and am currently struggling to figure out what options I should look for. This might be a silly question but here goes:

The GTS is advertised with a 15mm lowered suspension but there's no mention of it on the Turbo models. Can you learned folk advise if the Turbo model sits higher than the GTS please?

So far, I have built up the following list for Must Haves: Pan Roof, Heated Front Seats, Light Comfort Pack, Park Assist with Camera and Bose system. Nice to haves include the LED PDLS lights, 14 way seats, Sports Chrono.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

:D
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Bogus

Post by Bogus »

I have the Turbo PP and having test driven a SD, S before do not notice the difference from a clearance perspective. The ride is on 21" wheels and having moved from a Pano with air suspension, I can say that the Macan feels even better both from a comfort perspective and stability. Sports and Sports plus obviously make you believe you have a different car altogether and keep the silly grin on your face..
I have LEDs and had Xenons on my 911. The LEDs are way better and as some people here would say better to have that than a Bose system.. it starts becoming subjective after that.
If you can push your budget go for one with air suspension. The best there is..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The GTS is not just an S with lowered suspension and few fancy goodies included, where it matters the GTS gets upgraded engine and gearbox components compared to the engine and gearbox in an S.

The Turbo PP has the same suspension setup as the GTS but of course 80 horses more so what is there not to like in a Turbo PP.

Can I suggest you compare what is included as standard in a base GTS v a Base Turbo.

When the GTS came out I used the Confuserator to configure one and at neigh on Β£70k it was less than Β£5k cheaper than the Turbo that I bought so for me it was not worth it.

Now my Turbo has air suspension and the Turbo that I drove at the PEC before I locked down my spec had air and I thrashed it around the circuits in standard and low mode. As it happens there were other GTS buyers thrashing these around the circuits and all these folks saw was the Turbo dissapearing into the distance, so please do not get hung up on ride height, on normal roads it does not make much difference.

Test drive both model variants and decide which is best for you.

If you look at my Turbo spec below you will see the inclusions I have and there is not one Extra that is available that I wish I had included. LEDs, 14 way seats, heated steering wheel and seats, SurCam, ACC, interior light pack are the Extras in a Turbo that I would always included.

Finally the LEDs, there have been many posts on them, initially many were sceptical but that has disappeared and all you have to do is drive a Macan with them on a very dark night on quiet country roards and you would never have a car again without them, they are that good.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Thanks @Col Lamb. The Surround Cam is something I had not considered but will now

Is there anywhere online that I can access the standard spec sheets for the Turbo and GTS models?
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Last time I worked this out, a Turbo on air could sit lower than a GTS on steel, but if the GTS had air (and some would say removing the benefit of the GTS suspension setup) it would go a bit lower than the Turbo.

Regardless, it does look a bit lower when seeing the GTS and Turbo side-by-side. I think it might be more to do with the default black Spyder wheels on the GTS? GTS does look very nice. Shame it's a bit wheezy. Need a Turbo PP to help solve that!

"Must-haves" are very subjective. My "must-haves" are all on my car. It's a well specced car so one could look at the option list and ponder whether each item is worth having for you. And look at other people's specs.

Generally, I prefer to pick a colour, then start with just about everything, then whittle options away until I'm happy. After 2.5 years with my Mac Turbo, I have no regrets except switching down from Burmester to BOSE.

And as above, do try to try as many different things as possible.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

goron59 wrote: ↑Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:50 pm Last time I worked this out, a Turbo on air could sit lower than a GTS on steel, but if the GTS had air (and some would say removing the benefit of the GTS suspension setup) it would go a bit lower than the Turbo.

Regardless, it does look a bit lower when seeing the GTS and Turbo side-by-side. I think it might be more to do with the default black Spyder wheels on the GTS? GTS does look very nice. Shame it's a bit wheezy. Need a Turbo PP to help solve that!

"Must-haves" are very subjective. My "must-haves" are all on my car. It's a well specced car so one could look at the option list and ponder whether each item is worth having for you. And look at other people's specs.

Generally, I prefer to pick a colour, then start with just about everything, then whittle options away until I'm happy. After 2.5 years with my Mac Turbo, I have no regrets except switching down from Burmester to BOSE.

And as above, do try to try as many different things as possible.
Thanks Goron, your comments on the GTS looking lower are exactly what prompted my query. I like the squat look - especially in stealthy clothes. Re your spec, I tried clicking the link in your signature and the Porsche site has a bit of a hissyfit. :idea:
Paul

Post by Paul »

The GTS also looks lower and sqatter without roof rails......😊
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

GTS is lower and looks it too. Especially as Paul says withought roof rails which imo gives it a very nice clean look. I think your selected options look good. πŸ‘

Some info below may help

Turbo Height: 1,624 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (steel suspension) 205 mm
Max. ground clearance (air suspension, normal level) 190 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (steel suspension) 300 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (air suspension, off-road ride height) 325 mm

GTS Height: 1,609 mm
Max. ground clearance (steel suspension) 190 mm
Max. ground clearance (air suspension, off-road ride height) 230 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (steel suspension) 285 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (air suspension, off-road ride height) 315 mm
GTS πŸ˜€
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 pm GTS is lower and looks it too. Especially as Paul says withought roof rails which imo gives it a very nice clean look. I think your selected options look good. πŸ‘

Some info below may help

Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (steel suspension) 205 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (steel suspension) 300 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (air suspension, off-road ride height) 325 mm

Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (steel suspension) 285 mm
Max. clearance between ground and water-sensitive parts (air suspension, off-road ride height) 315 mm
Have some errors crept into the Turbo figures? There appears to be a conflict between lines 1 & 3.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

On-Track wrote: ↑Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:25 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 pm GTS is lower and looks it too. Especially as Paul says withought roof rails which imo gives it a very nice clean look. I think your selected options look good. πŸ‘

Some info below may help

Have some errors crept into the Turbo figures? There appears to be a conflict between lines 1 & 3.
The info is from porsche official site.
I just cross checked it and it’s correct as I copied and pasted it.

There could be an error on thier website?
GTS πŸ˜€