Ride Height - GTS vs Turbo

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

I think perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me after looking at so many pictures. I've concluded it's probably down to the alloys on the car. The 21" classics in black (with the silver rim) make the car look slightly elevated that the standard 20" spyders (my personal preference) .

The advice in the posts above was very good. I have now driven 3 x GTSs in various conditions including motorway/country road/built-up-area-with-speed-bumps with the following setup:

1) 20" Spyders with PASM
2) 21" Classics with PASM
3) 21" Classics with PASM and Air Suspension

The air suspension makes a big difference (to me) on 21" wheels -it smooths out the bumps and ditches that little bit more...
21" wheels with PASM only is still a very good ride but you do feel the surface a little more -but still not as crazy as my S3.
PASM with 20" spyders is a very nice ride and air suspension is not needed imho.

... and I'm used to driving the S3 without Magride on 18"s (very harsh but fun!)
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I think you've reached the right conclusion there wizzard, particularly for a GTS.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA