Monthly check failed

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BHT

Post by BHT »

I was away on holiday in my other car earlier this month when I received a txt from Vodaphone saying my Macan had 'Failed its health check'.

I called them to ask what this meant and they said they couldn't even contact the car. Obviously this concerned me so I called my daughter and asked he to go round and make sure my Macan was still on the drive, thankfully it was.

Vodaphone have advised me to take the car to the dealer as it needs to be looked at by them, this is a round trip on 120 miles. It is due a service next month so I will book it in and get them so look at it then.

Anyone else had this problem?

It's a 2017 SD
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.

Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Perhaps the diesel is 'persona non gratis' with Vodafone tooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Seriously though, have 2017 SD and (touch wood) no problems.
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

BHT wrote: ↑Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:06 pm I was away on holiday in my other car earlier this month when I received a txt from Vodaphone saying my Macan had 'Failed its health check'.

I called them to ask what this meant and they said they couldn't even contact the car. Obviously this concerned me so I called my daughter and asked he to go round and make sure my Macan was still on the drive, thankfully it was.

Vodaphone have advised me to take the car to the dealer as it needs to be looked at by them, this is a round trip on 120 miles. It is due a service next month so I will book it in and get them so look at it then.

Anyone else had this problem?

It's a 2017 SD
I had something similar happen with the Vodafone telematics thingy. Basically, the module that Porsche installs in the car to enable it to connect to Vodafone has crashed or has a fault. Porsche needs to reset the thing or replace it. I understand it's behind the dash somewhere. It's a pain in the a$$ but rebooting it usually works.
VanB

Post by VanB »

I used to get this all the time on my GTS and took it back once to have a battery replaced in the Vodafone module (it doesn't run off the car battery for obvious reasons) and then when it went again I just ignored it. Only had the car for 14 months but the Vodafone thing is a piece of crap.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

vodafone i find also is a piece of crap.... so anything that touches it will have crap all over it.... does no justice putting the porsche name to it!!
My car is parked at my parents for last 2 weeks and i sometimes just like to check if its still there... and 4 out 10 times i check - it cannot connect, even when its parked at my house or even car park. And when it doesnt connect - worse case scenario start to gather in your mind.....
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
microbe

Post by microbe »

I did not have this problem but could not connect to my car using Porsche car connect. Apparently the app has been updated and was no longer working. I had to delete the app, download the updated app and get a new log on code from vodaphone. I did all of that and it now works
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Not sure what the monthly check is, had signal failure from unit OPC admitted there are faulty units, believe it's a day's work to get at and replace it, all I have done is shown OPC messages and it's logged on my file so it can be done another day, my new insurance does not need alert, so policy has lapsed pending Brexit mess.