Earth to map...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

Morning, any ideas?

The other day I noted that the right-hand cluster display showed a map rather than the Earth-style display. It was strikingly clear too. The centre display was on Media at the time and when I selected the map button, both the centre display and the cluster display went back into Earth mode. Since then, I have been unable to find the map mode and only the Earth display scrolls up. Weird. Am I missing another simple trick here?

I was not using the navigation at the time. For clarity, the map I was interested in looked a lot like a traditional navigation head unit display rather than the really nice Earth one we have in the Macan...which is lovely too. I am just curious.

johnd

Post by johnd »

Whether you display GE (Google Earth) or the 2D/3D map is controlled by a user setting. I have had the odd hiccup on my display (not too much recently for whatever reason) where my default GE fails to load - ie you don't see the startup message 'GE is loading' - and then it defaults back to the standard map. Sounds like you had a glitch like this.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

Thanks. The 2D map is the traditional looking thing?
VanB

Post by VanB »

If, for some reason such as poor signal, the car cant contact the GE servers it defaults back to the standard map. You can toggle GE on and off by bringing your hand close to the PCM to activate the proximity sensor and the option for GE is displayed on the upper right hand side of the screen
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate