So, four months on............

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

From the downsizing of my 'fleet' to a single vehicle and the sad sale of my Cayman and purchase of the Macan (due in part to failing flexibility and health of Mrs Ben) I can say that whilst I miss the stunning looks of my Aqua Cayman, I am really enjoying my White Macan S.
The positives are many, including performance - especially with Sport Chrono. Fuel consumption is not too horrendous given the performance. Comfort within and ride are very good despite large diameter wheels and the sound system is pleasing.
Primary among the positives are the PDLS LED headlights, behind which, I had to drive with some 'enthusiasm' last night. The auto system is just amazing. Lots of light, where you want it, when you want it. The car is, as Mrs Ben says, 'excellent' ...................... apart from a surprising couple of not so good features..............
Voice control of the PCM; Nav. in particular is atrocious - hardly fit for purpose. Significantly worse than a Peugeot 2008, which was quite good and my previous 'normal car'. Thank goodness for Apple Car Play

The Chrono 'wart' on the dash reflects badly in the screen at night............... I think I may have seen a separate control for that hidden on the menus somewhere, so I shall have to 'go looking'.

Discoveries? A few. The extra push on the brake whilst stationary on level ground to activate 'hold' is a great feature to avoid blinding those behind. The proximity setting on the touch screen is also good so that a hovered finger does the job.

Sounds good and has an appropriate number of cylinders.

Loving the car.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Col M

Post by Col M »

Err...the brake lights remain on when in "Hold" on mine.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col M wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:52 am Err...the brake lights remain on when in "Hold" on mine.
Yup 😊
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

interesting.................

what about the wart light?
Col M

Post by Col M »

bennachie wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:16 pm interesting.................

The what?
PS. If I don't want to dazzle the driver behind I flick on the parking break...love it's auto disengage facility.
Paul

Post by Paul »

bennachie wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:16 pm interesting.................

Tuning the mileage reset button left or right will take you straight to dash brightness, can’t recall if there’s a separate control for the SC clock (don’t think there is)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
Col M

Post by Col M »

You'll have to swap it for the compass as that's always too dim for my liking!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Are people seriously concerned about brake light glare for drivers behind you?? You're winding me up surely??! :lol: Drivers need to see and be aware your brake lights are on because you're...braking or stopped. Did I misunderstand something?! :?
Paul

Post by Paul »

GMAN75 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 pm Are people seriously concerned about brake light glare for drivers behind you?? You're winding me up surely??! :lol: Drivers need to see and be aware your brake lights are on because you're...braking or stopped. Did I misunderstand something?! :?
I think it was more when you’re in a queue...and have been for xx minutes. Everyone knows you’re all stopped and the high level / eye level lights can get a bit wearing!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Is it just me, or is voice control utter pants