Electric Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

jesim1 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:10 am It's okay to talk about sporting performance and handling, but the reality is that getting to use that is a real issue on todays crowded and poorly maintained roads. I like the "idea" of having a Porsche, I also like the "badge" of a Porsche, and if I'm honest, I like the style, handling, comfort etc. that all go in to making the car what it is - which is a Porsche. So it's definitely not just one thing which attracts me to Porsche, and I dare say I can get faster cars or better handling cars for the same money, but I bought a Porsche.

Looking at the new Taycans I think they look great, but I tried a few EVs a couple of months back and was not totally blown away with them, even though they were all faster than my SD, it would be very hard to use it on the road and none really "did it for me". So like goron59 I'd like to se a hybrid Macan or a full EV Macan because to me the style/comfort/shape/ergonomics/badge etc. are more important than it's actual outright sportiness - I mean, how fast can you go on a British road these days?
👍 +1
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

goron59

Post by goron59 »

And launching from the lights, whether electric, petrol, diesel or fairy dust, is always going to make you look like a nob.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

goron59 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:43 am And launching from the lights, whether electric, petrol, diesel or fairy dust, is always going to make you look like a nob.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

goron59 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:43 am And launching from the lights, whether electric, petrol, diesel or fairy dust, is always going to make you look like a nob.
Ah, but with electric there's none of the boy racer revving on the line. You just effortlessly pull out a few car lengths without any fuss and I find it makes everyday driving a lot less stressful. It makes junctions and roundabouts a breeze, especially compared to the dreaded diesel bog down or stop/start delay. I certainly feel like more of a nob launching a 911 away from the lights!
VanB

Post by VanB »

goron59 wrote:And launching from the lights, whether electric, petrol, diesel or fairy dust, is always going to make you look like a nob.
Spot on [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Ah, but with electric there's none of the boy racer revving on the line. You just effortlessly pull out a few car lengths without any fuss and I find it makes everyday driving a lot less stressful. It makes junctions and roundabouts a breeze, especially compared to the dreaded diesel bog down or stop/start delay. I certainly feel like more of a nob launching a 911 away from the lights!
OK... a 21st century nob. ;)
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

What I don't like is standing at a pedestrian crossing, still a green man, but you know it's going to change soon... no probs, still green man, so it's good to go... check traffic... any dickhead cyclists ignoring the lights? no.... all cars waiting patiently? yep? good.
Walk across road, then notice a Model S screech to a halt 1 metre away from your knees.
At least a nob in a normal car would give some clue of their impending behaviour by making noises.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

goron59 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 pm What I don't like is standing at a pedestrian crossing, still a green man, but you know it's going to change soon... no probs, still green man, so it's good to go... check traffic... any dickhead cyclists ignoring the lights? no.... all cars waiting patiently? yep? good.
Walk across road, then notice a Model S screech to a halt 1 metre away from your knees.
At least a nob in a normal car would give some clue of their impending behaviour by making noises.
At least the Model S brakes automatically for pedestrians. It even shows them on the dash display now!