Advice on Macan GTS Purchase - dilemma

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Learned folk...

Should my ideal Macan not be available, I may be faced with making a choice between the following two options:

A GTS with every optional extra on your wish list but high mileage... (let's say 40k)
A GTS with few optional extras but a low mileage figure... (let's say 20k)

Which would you buy... ?

For the folk who may have gone through this and chosen the lower mileage option, do you miss the options once you have the car?
What tends to work better (for residuals) if and when you sell the car? (low mileage or more options)

Cheers in advance!

Mani :?:
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Hi Mani,

Personally I would buy the car with the options I wanted as when you are spending so much money you don't want to have that niggly feeling that the car is missing something. Depending on your annual mileage and how long you plan on keeping the car the higher mileage car may even out over time? Some options are on most people's wish list and if your car has them it may be easier to sell and may have better residuals. You would also need to consider the warranty remaining on the car.

Good luck :) .
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I’m not really convinced you get a good return with too many options, I think there is a limit. however some are important ones , low mileage sells better , and don’t forget either one you buy , you will be selling back to the same market that will still have “ Musts haves”... and...” Not bothered” camps ,So either way it’s a win win.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

wizzzard wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:14 am Should my ideal Macan not be available, I may be faced with making a choice between the following two options:

A GTS with every optional extra on your wish list but high mileage... (let's say 40k)
A GTS with few optional extras but a low mileage figure... (let's say 20k)

Which would you buy... ?

For the folk who may have gone through this and chosen the lower mileage option, do you miss the options once you have the car?
What tends to work better (for residuals) if and when you sell the car? (low mileage or more options)
Hi Mani,

Varies hugely according to which options you are referring to and how badly you want them. ;)

Try listing the options you want in priority order. If the ‘missing’ ones are near the bottom of your list, no big deal. If those missing are at or near the top of your wish list, I’d keep looking.

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col M

Post by Col M »

I start from the anticipated number of miles I'm likely to put on the vehicle. Nothing more costly than turning a low mileage vehicle to a high mileage one. Whilst it's true that you get a poor return on a high number options... hopefully that's the original owner's problem.

The main feature I looked for was if the Transfer Box had been replaced. If not, there was some warranty remaining in place.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Great feedback folks...

Gotta say - this forum is a great resource. Thank you one and all. (that sounded a bit like STG)
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

wizzzard wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:14 am
As you are buying used that balance should already be built into the price you are paying. As a rule of thumb options are not worth much on the used market, but there are plenty of exceptions. Mileage is more predictable as it's always built into used price guides. So in general a low mileage car is a better bet for residuals as a seller, but you are buying so expect to pay a premium for low mileage. I would be reluctant to pay a premium for options unless they are particularly desirable for your own use and if you do then don't expect to get that premium back on resale. Some options do make a car a little more desirable and easier to sell though e.g. heated seats, upgraded wheels and seats etc. I think there is a list of "must have" options on this forum, which might be helpful in that regard.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

How about a pound (£) in a charity box for every time the "must have" expression is used...!? ;) :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
JonNic

Post by JonNic »

What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Final code : www.porsche-code.com/PHE4JHQ0
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:47 am How about a pound (£) in a charity box for every time the "must have" expression is used...!? ;) :lol:
Make it £10 ;)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate