Goodbye and Thank zyou

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I'm also interested in hearing the OP's experience of the GLC.

I was undecided between the AMG C43 Coupe and the AMG E53 Coupe. The latter has the new incorporated dash without the stick on iPad which I'm not too keen on but could live with.

Strangely the E53 does not come with a sports exhaust either as standard or as an extra whereas it is standard on the C43.

With both cars a factory built unit had a build time of approx. 2 months and using CARWOW as a negotiating tool I was readily offered 11% discount.

Try that with Porsche!!!

However, my eyes were opened as to how many models Mercedes have. Take the C Class alone you have a Coupe, Saloon, SUV, Estate and Cabriolet!

The configurator has been one of the most unreliable I've ever used.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

but it's not a Porsche
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 pm but it's not a Porsche
That’s very true but I’m not sure even a Porsche was worth paying an extra £12k for! :(
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Depreciation is the biggest cost with vehicle ownership. The Macan comes out top with the slowest depreciation for mainstream cars. See the post about it on this forum. Much as I like [most] Mercedes, and have owned several, there isn't one in the top 10. Yes you get a big discount up front, but IME they don't even hold their PCP balloon value after 3 years and a modest mileage.

Pay cash for a Porsche and "pocket" the finance charges - that's the way my man maths worked for the "discount" on it. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
James76

Post by James76 »

I also thought about an AMG glc. Let us know how you get on! I love them but chose to get Porsche as I’ve had quite a few Mercs in my time, it was time for something new.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Good luck with the Merc. Like the Macan, the GLC is getting on a bit but I believe it has received a refresh recently. I have a relative who works in a senior position at a Mercedes dealer and he calls around now and then with some really nice but absolutely bonkers cars. Nicest one was an AMG CLS63 I think. Four door coupe that looks great and sounds like your in the middle of a thunder storm. He say they sell quite a few GLC AMG's.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
nas7232

Post by nas7232 »

Good luck with the Merc! Bare in mind with the burmester sound system - burmester only tune system in the merc and don't supply the parts incase sound quality isn't amazing.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

nas7232 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:46 pm Good luck with the Merc! Bare in mind with the burmester sound system - burmester only tune system in the merc and don't supply the parts incase sound quality isn't amazing.
Are you saying that the sound system is not a Burmester? If so, how can they brand it Burmester? Surely that breaches some sort of copyright law?

If I buy an Alba TV and a Bang & Olufsen engineer TV engineer tunes it in for me it doesn't make it a B&O TV :D
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

All the best with the GLC43! I test drove one before I settled on the GTS and I must say it sounded great and felt assured inside the car. I much prefer the estate version over the coupe -the rear is just too rounded and disproportionate.

Aside from the potential slide in residuals, the overdue replacement is around the corner and that stick-on-tablet display is especially irritating (am so glad MB are now phasing them all out with the new integrated screens).

Would be great to see a owner's review after a few hundred miles...
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I'm the opposite and prefer the coupe style as opposed to the estate look. Good job we're all different as the world would be rather boring :D

I wonder when they will announce the facelift and if it will include the integrated screen as the facelifted C43 kept with the stick on screen.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver