Cleaning Up

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I was flicking through the latest Christophorous magazine this morning and read the article with the above title.

This paragraph about the new petrol particulate filters sounds like they may experience all the same issues as diesels for low mileage users, even though they say they have extensively tested it:

‘The soot particles collected in the filter must be burned off from time to time. This is known as regeneration. But it must also work in low outdoor temperatures and on short journeys. In such cases, the engine control unit ensures that the filter heats up by increasing the exhaust gas temperature - for instance, through another combustion or a higher engine speed. With long periods of frost and short drives, a somewhat longer drive can be necessary for regeneration.’

Interesting times ahead as these new engine and exhaust systems come to market. Happy for now to have an Alfa without a particulate filter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Me too... let’s wait and see , complete madness really, until it’s more than a £1 to completely fill up your land cruiser/ super car in some countries... and have water supplies that don’t rely on bottled water.... etc etc etc... nothing will stop industry.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊