Macan is the slowest depreciating vehicle

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Your car and anything else you own is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. This endeth the lesson. :lol:

Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

My OPC had a valuation event for people looking to change cars this Sunday. I didn't go as not looking to change but asked for a rough ball park on my car. It would mean a loss of around 17% after 19 months of ownership. Like others have said it's better than other marques.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Ian.g wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:04 pm I still think it's a con! >60% value after 3 years? I doubt it. They might retain 60% of base price at 3 years, but how many people have a base price Macan? If you write off the £5-15k extras that everyone has then it might return 60% of the base price, but not 60% of what anyone actually paid.
Having tested the water at my OPC re Macan 2 and the probable trade-in of Macan 1 (March 16 Petrol S) it would appear that depreciation on the base price would be about zero!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Good news, Mike! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:01 am Good news, Mike! :)
Absolutely, Simon. A 2016 petrol S. Like hen’s teeth! And well-specced as well 🤗

Currently just 6 of any age showing on Porsche’s list. And none from 2016!

:D :D :D
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Hitman999 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:14 am My OPC had a valuation event for people looking to change cars this Sunday. I didn't go as not looking to change but asked for a rough ball park on my car. It would mean a loss of around 17% after 19 months of ownership. Like others have said it's better than other marques.
That's pretty amazing. I've now owned my BMW 340i for 19 months and its trade in value is now around 30% lower than cash price paid (50% lower than list price, which no-one in their right mind ever pays on a BMW!!)

This is a big part of the reason I'm looking at Macans (aside from their bulletproof build quality and great driving characteristics) because I could spend £45k on a BMW and lose at least £25K in three years or I could spend £55k on a Macan and lose probably £20k (at the most)

If you can afford the initial outlay for a Porsche it really is a no brainer!!
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Ian.g wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:04 pm I still think it's a con! >60% value after 3 years? I doubt it. They might retain 60% of base price at 3 years, but how many people have a base price Macan? If you write off the £5-15k extras that everyone has then it might return 60% of the base price, but not 60% of what anyone actually paid.
Yes I think you're right, from my own research they do hold over 60% of base price value but when you go back to Porsche to trade your car in you'll get very little back on your options... but you can bet your bottom dollar they'll include them in the price they re-sell your car for!!

Here's an interesting fact... I've done lots of research, looking for a used Macan (up to 2 years old) and come to the conclusion it'll be cheaper, yes CHEAPER for me to buy a new one!!! The reason I believe is that all the used stock held by Porsche are loaded with options, which Porsche are adding to the re-sale price (even though they will have paid the seller very little, if anything, for said options) I am not willing to pay thousands for options I didn't choose! THB the only options I'd pay for are bigger wheels, sports (heated) seats, auto dim mirrors & maybe metallic paint (I've yet to decide on PASM) So a brand new Macan S with the options I want will cost me around £52k and can I find a <2yr old Macan S at a main dealer for anywhere near that price...? not a chance!
Last edited by nozydog on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

nozydog wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:28 pm
Yes I think you're right, from my own research they do hold over 60% of base price value but when you go back to Porsche to trade your car in you'll get very little back on your options... but you can bet your bottom dollar they'll include them in the price they re-sell your car for!!

Here's an interesting fact... I've done lots of research, looking for a used Macan (up to 2 years old) and come to the conclusion it'll be cheaper, yes CHEAPER for me to buy a new one!!! The reason I believe is that all the used stock held by Porsche are loaded with options, which Porsche are adding to the re-sale price (even though they will have paid the seller very little, if anything, for said options) I am not willing to pay thousands for optioned I didn't choose! THB the only options I'd pay for are bigger wheels, sports (heated) seats, auto dim mirrors & maybe metallic paint (I've yet to decide on PASM) So a brand new Macan S with the options I want will cost me under £55k and can I find a <2yr old Macan S at a main dealer for under that price... not a chance!
Yes, and with a new order you get exactly what you want. However, you might face a long wait for a new S.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Been doing the same research...and agree about the "S" and hens teeth. In fact the base Macan is now as available as the "SD" on the pre-owned site. Be interesting to see how this develops as the weeks go by without any new car -> part exchanges releasing second hand cars into the system.

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 14.48.png

Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

All my research (and I've done a fair bit) suggests any Macan model will hold around 65% of it's original cost after 3 years, and that's as a trade value, not the retail price the dealer then re-sells it for (that's waaaaaaay higher!!)

For comparison, my BMW's have returned little over 40% of list price after 3 years (one returned 44% after only two years!!) although my current 340i is projected to return around 57% of cash price paid (I got around 23% off the list at purchase) But even this is nowhere close to Porsche residuals!! :o
Last edited by nozydog on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.