Macan is the slowest depreciating vehicle

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

This is an interesting site.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=macan

This tells us how many Macans (or any other vehicles if changed in the search) are still registered in the UK up to date.
According to this - the depreciation will be based on the number of vehicles left in the country and availability (Supply & Demand).

The performance pack - as we could clearly see has only 272 vehicles currently registered in UK so they are really holding its value well!!

T.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package

Spud

Post by Spud »

Ian.g wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:04 pm I still think it's a con! >60% value after 3 years? I doubt it. They might retain 60% of base price at 3 years, but how many people have a base price Macan? If you write off the £5-15k extras that everyone has then it might return 60% of the base price, but not 60% of what anyone actually paid.
Having spent quite a fair amount on “extras” on Macan 2 I learnt my lesson, on Macan 4 I spent no more than 10% based on base price, I feel this is probably a good rule of thumb,
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

If you intend to keep the car for the longer term then why not splash out on the extras and get what you want?

On the other hand if you have your eye fixed on price not value then buying a new car is probably nuts anyway?
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I've been watching one on Pistonheads recently, some groovy, Matt grey colour with every conceivable extra on it. Started at £74,995 and is down to £59,995 in about 3 weeks! Not a real depreciation example of course, but amused me at how much people 'try it on'!
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

nsm3 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:07 pm I've been watching one on Pistonheads recently, some groovy, Matt grey colour with every conceivable extra on it. Started at £74,995 and is down to £59,995 in about 3 weeks! Not a real depreciation example of course, but amused me at how much people 'try it on'!
Saw that one. It's also on Autotrader, being sold through TH Boler who work on a commission basis for private sellers, good way to sell though. I am guessing any OPC would offer dramatically lower. The lowered price is still top heavy considering the miles, but £26k of extras! Your just asking for a big hit on resale. All the same a unique colour, great interior (but I'm biased there) and a diesel,which will appeal to some. Take another £4K off and it should move quickly :?
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

MikeM wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 am
nsm3 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:07 pm I've been watching one on Pistonheads recently, some groovy, Matt grey colour with every conceivable extra on it. Started at £74,995 and is down to £59,995 in about 3 weeks! Not a real depreciation example of course, but amused me at how much people 'try it on'!
Saw that one. It's also on Autotrader, being sold through TH Boler who work on a commission basis for private sellers, good way to sell though. I am guessing any OPC would offer dramatically lower. The lowered price is still top heavy considering the miles, but £26k of extras! Your just asking for a big hit on resale. All the same a unique colour, great interior (but I'm biased there) and a diesel,which will appeal to some. Take another £4K off and it should move quickly :?
Certainly a lovely spec. I hope the original buyer got some discount as otherwise the depreciation will be hefty.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Col M

Post by Col M »

How long have they had it? Listed with 12K miles but showing 9,100 in the pictures. What no ceramic brakes! Could never find a video which demoed the effect of the sports exhaust with diesel.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

To save you looking it up, it's this one www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-ca ... dk/9119919
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Looks great but a crazy spec especially for a diesel. The owner needs to write off a whole lot of those option costs and put it down to experience.
johnd

Post by johnd »

MCDK wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:55 pm Looks great but a crazy spec especially for a diesel. The owner needs to write off a whole lot of those option costs and put it down to experience.
That was one of the problems with diesels though - there was only one SD model AFAIK. So you couldn't trade up to say a GTSD and get some of the options included to help the depreciation. Whatever options you chose were likely to depreciate faster.

(That said, I suppose the converse could be true to some extent as well - if as a used buyer there are certain options that you really want in an SD then maybe well-chosen (ie popular, though not sure exactly what those might be) options do maybe help bolster the sale price, as long as it's not WBAC.)
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly