Range anxieties

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

:shock:

image.jpg

Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Well, that's a big NOPE. :shock:

You really have to wonder why you would bother at a max 310 mile range. London to Dublin is c.370 miles. Belfast, over 400 miles. The rest you can use the train. I won't even start with what may happen when headwinds/strong winds/go arounds/diversions get involved...
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Range anxieties in the sky .................. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Guy

Post by Guy »

They've got to stop using the term 'zero-emission' for stuff like this. How about 'zero-emission at the point of use'? (A bit like the NHS adage: 'Free at the point of use', but not really 'free' at all!)
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

All a bit airy-fairy and requiring a serious step-change in belief.

A slight aside: there was a piece on TV last night about hydrogen powered trains - early 2020s - and a joint Israel/Australian company that are developing a water-based power unit. See below.

https://www.verdict.co.uk/water-based-f ... iq-global/
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

Hydrogen sounds better to me. It has the added benefit of being derived from (sea?) water so it’s use would reduce emissions and at the same time reduce sea levels which have been a big topic in the news in the past few days!!?!?!?
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Dandock wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:38 am All a bit airy-fairy and requiring a serious step-change in belief.

A slight aside: there was a piece on TV last night about hydrogen powered trains - early 2020s - and a joint Israel/Australian company that are developing a water-based power unit. See below.

https://www.verdict.co.uk/water-based-f ... iq-global/
I agree completely with that and I saw that fuel cell train. Battery tech, especially in aviation, is a fool's errand. Aviation is going down the path of lighter and lighter materials to maximise efficiency and what we have here is a complete reversion of that. The concept, frankly, is utter nonsense.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Unless it has a big “R” on the engines I’m not getting on.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊