What to do when you break down.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
skipper

Post by skipper »

This may sound a bit daft but I have had my new SD for a couple of weeks now. I have sat in the drivers seat fiddling with all the toys and familiarising myself with all the controls and settings menus. So now the excitement has worn off a bit and I am getting used to driving around in this brilliant car. However, my wife, always the practical one, asked me what she should do if something went wrong with it while she was out alone, and for the first time I was unable to give a definitive answer. Normally new cars have information about who to contact in the event of a breakdown, but I have been able to find nothing. Have I missed something obvious to those who understand Porsche but obscure to newbies? Advice on this most depressing topic would be welcome.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.

steve w

Post by steve w »

Skipper
You will receive a Porsche Assist Card through the Post anytime now with your name ,reg number and the Porsche Assist phone number on,you should be able to find the Porsche Assist number in the paperwork,service book that came with the Macan,if not just call the OPC and ask them for the number until the card arrives in the post,I keep the card at the back of the drivers sun visor.
SteveW
skipper

Post by skipper »

Many thanks SteveW
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

0800 777123 or 0121 2752853. Those are the numbers in my phone - I presume I copied them off the card!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

steve w wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 pm Skipper
You will receive a Porsche Assist Card through the Post anytime now with your name ,reg number and the Porsche Assist phone number on,you should be able to find the Porsche Assist number in the paperwork,service book that came with the Macan,if not just call the OPC and ask them for the number until the card arrives in the post,I keep the card at the back of the drivers sun visor.
SteveW
I have not received a Porsche Assist card for my current or my last Macan.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I would definitely chase that up with the OPC, Mark.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

As someone else who has this 'issue' I have chased it up and apparently the card is no longer issued. (I guess that is what happens when you get the AA involved.....) All the details are held, you just ring them up and they sort it........................allegedley
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Guy

Post by Guy »

The Porsche Breakdown/Recovery phone number used to be on the back of the Tax Disc holder :D