Extending warranty?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul

Post by Paul »

tigertrout wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:13 pm I have spoken to 2 Porsche dealers who wouldn’t waver the fee for the 111 check while the car was in for service. Are there main dealers out there who will.?
I guess it depends on a number of factors; relationship, number of cars bought, previous service dept spend......but yes, mine did.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

steve w

Post by steve w »

Personally if only for the peace of mind I’d have to have a warranty on my Porsche,I’ve 20 months left on my 911 and if I still have it I’ll take out the extended warranty.
SteveW
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Orangebulldog wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 am Soooo, car is in this morning at dealer to have winter wheels fitted. They waved the fee and are doing the check now :). Great last minute service. While waiting though, this gorgeous blue sporttourismo keeps on winking at me... 😂. Feel like i’m in temptation island here 🙈

That is a very nice bit of kit! :)

Porsche’s shiny, plate glass showrooms are SUCH tempting places to spend time! ;) :lol: :oops:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Paul wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:25 pm
tigertrout wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:13 pm I have spoken to 2 Porsche dealers who wouldn’t waver the fee for the 111 check while the car was in for service. Are there main dealers out there who will.?
I guess it depends on a number of factors; relationship, number of cars bought, previous service dept spend......but yes, mine did.
We just bought an extended warranty on the Cayman as its 3 years old and we've decided its a keeper. We had the cost of the 111 check waived but that was probably because of the relationship we've built up with our local OPC and the fact that I'd just bought my 3rd Macan from them. But it is possible so persevere.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I took the extended warranty early on so no 111 check needed.
It is fully transferable to a new owner if you decide to sell

It does not cover rattles so make sure you get anything like that resolved before the initial 3 years are up.
Apart from that it covers for everything else. Hope I don’t have to use it but peace of mind.
GTS 😀
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

Our Macan S is 2 years old in January 2019 and while booking it in for its first 2-year service I asked about the 111 point check and extending the warranty. It was suggested the maximum period Porsche will offer a warranty (except the 3 year period of the original manufacturer warranty) is 2 years.

As the car will be 2 years old and still have 1 year’s manufacturing warranty remaining, we would only be able to add 1 year’s and not 2 year’s extended warranty.

Have others been advised the same?

I seemed to remember others talking about taking a 2 year extended warranty at the time of their 2-year service, or was that only cars that previously were only given a 2-year's manufacturing warranty rather than the current 3 years, (I believe introduced in 2016).
Guy

Post by Guy »

Little Urchin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm Have others been advised the same?
No. See below from my warranty booklet (dated 06/2017)

CCI08112018_00000.jpg

Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

Thank you Guy,

The Centre was unable to offer any documentation until the warranty was purchased, making it very difficult to challenge.
Ultimately if they maintain their position I shall enquire at another Centre for all our servicing, although I would have preferred to maintain the excellent relationship we developed, with the sales staff, whilst purchasing the car.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Little Urchin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:42 pm Thank you Guy,

The Centre was unable to offer any documentation until the warranty was purchased, making it very difficult to challenge.
Ultimately if they maintain their position I shall enquire at another Centre for all our servicing, although I would have preferred to maintain the excellent relationship we developed, with the sales staff, whilst purchasing the car.
I wouldn't worry too much about switching OPC - I bought mine from Porsche Mayfair and now use Wolverhampton whose service department have been very impressive.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

When I checked at Tewkesbury, they told me that there would be no 111 point fee as long as I renewed before the 2 year mark, i.e. when there was just over 1 year left on the warranty. I could renew for 1 or 2 years at that point. This isn't quite what the website says, but they were clear that they wouldn't charge me as long as it was before 2 years.