Extending warranty?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

So, my Macan Turbo will be 2 years old in a couple of months. Has been absolutely faultless. Facelift model does not represent enough change to tempt me ordering one. So Iโ€™ve decided to keep mine a while longer. Pondering to take extended warranty for two years. What would you do? I have to say, my Macan has all the complicated bells and whistles which could be expensive to fix: PTV+, air, pasm, SC, sunroof etc...

Guy

Post by Guy »

Isn't your current warranty 3 years, hence you have another year to decide?
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

I extended my warranty by 2 years after a year. As the SD is no more I've decided to keep mine for 5 years. I've just had my transfer box replaced under warranty at 40k miles and 2 years 7 months.

I believe it's a 2.5k cost job. if you've not had yours replaced yet it's worth bearing in mind. OPC said they replace loads, known fault. It's a matter of whether they'll argue when your 3 year warranty is up.

For peace of mind, ยฃ1,700 for years 4 & 5 was a price worth paying.

BigPhil
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Paul

Post by Paul »

Another good reason for extending at 2 yrs (at the same time the service is done) is that you may be able to negociate away the 111 point check fee.....๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
skipper

Post by skipper »

Orangebulldog wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 pm So, my Macan Turbo will be 2 years old in a couple of months. Has been absolutely faultless. Facelift model does not represent enough change to tempt me ordering one. So Iโ€™ve decided to keep mine a while longer. Pondering to take extended warranty for two years. What would you do? I have to say, my Macan has all the complicated bells and whistles which could be expensive to fix: PTV+, air, pasm, SC, sunroof etc...
I just bought a preregistered SD a week ago. Your post made me read the small print in all the paperwork I got with the car and it said I have at least 24 months warranty and at least 24 months Porsche Assistance. Your post worried me a bit because I thought there was a three year warranty with all new cars. Anyway I checked with my dealership and was told I have the balance of a three year warranty and Porsche Assistance which expires in October 2021.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Orangebulldog wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 pm So, my Macan Turbo will be 2 years old in a couple of months. Has been absolutely faultless. Facelift model does not represent enough change to tempt me ordering one. So Iโ€™ve decided to keep mine a while longer. Pondering to take extended warranty for two years. What would you do? I have to say, my Macan has all the complicated bells and whistles which could be expensive to fix: PTV+, air, pasm, SC, sunroof etc...
Extending the warranty is not about making a cost saving as, on average, you will always lose out with it. However, it depends how you feel about a big bill. I like to plan ahead so I extended the warranty and enjoy the peace-of-mind.

Another advantage of having the warranty (I think!) is dealing with those maybe problems that crop up from time to time. Say the car doesn't quite feel normal or has some new squeak or clunk? Without the warranty, you know that if they find something, you may face a big bill. On the other hand maybe it's nothing. So, do you ask them to look at the car or not? Maybe you won't bother if you're thinking of changing it in the not-too-distant future? On the other hand, if you have the warranty, there is no decision to make. Just get it in there and get it fixed!
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
Guy

Post by Guy »

Paul wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:45 am Another good reason for extending at 2 yrs (at the same time the service is done) is that you may be able to negociate away the 111 point check fee.....๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
I extended mine at the 2 year 11 month point and Porsche Wolverhampton were kind enough to waive the fee :D
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Guy wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 pm Isn't your current warranty 3 years, hence you have another year to decide?
Warranty Germany is only 2 years. ๐Ÿ™„
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Soooo, car is in this morning at dealer to have winter wheels fitted. They waved the fee and are doing the check now :). Great last minute service. While waiting though, this gorgeous blue sporttourismo keeps on winking at me... ๐Ÿ˜‚. Feel like iโ€™m in temptation island here ๐Ÿ™ˆ

468D6943-3811-43CA-9BB7-DD695D41163D.jpeg

tigertrout

Post by tigertrout »

I have spoken to 2 Porsche dealers who wouldnโ€™t waver the fee for the 111 check while the car was in for service. Are there main dealers out there who will.?