Benefits of Buying Used Through an OPC vs Indy?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Hi All,

Reading through these pages it has become apparent that many of you lucky folk have bought new from the OPC. Until I find myself in that position (way down the line in the future), my current search for a Macan continues (see the Wanted section).

I was hoping to reach out to those who have purchased a used Macan through an OPC or an Independent to understand what drove your decision? What benefits did you receive if you purchased through an OPC? If you bought through an independent, did you make any sacrifices and if so, what were they please?

Thanks in advance.

Mani
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I think the main reasons to buy through an OPC are consistent quality of used stock and the 2 year Porsche warranty. Some of the Indys are very good too, but the ones that are really good tend to be asking similar prices anyway. As a bonus you will also get invites to events and PEC days etc, even when buying used.

If you want to save some money then buying privately is a good option and warranty can be transferred in a private sale.
Col M

Post by Col M »

I purchased through an "Indy" Actually they were selling on behalf of the owner for commission. The SD was 17months old so had 13months on it's warranty. I guess I sacrificed 11 months on the 2 year warranty a purchase through an OPC could have given. However, I hadn't seen a Macan with the same spec within £7K. No problem with subsequently sorting out Porsche Connect at an OPC. The main criteria I had for the Indy was that it carried similar stock to the Macan. I wouldn't buy if most of their other cars were some £20K lower. I think an OPC always prices options higher. The fewer options, the closer the prices appear to be.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

So benefits of an OPC include:
  • Automatically comes with a 2 Years Warranty.
    Quality of checks on used stock
    Relationship with OPC so invites to open days etc
Benefits on a private sale/independent dealer:
  • Cheaper AP
Does anyone have a rough estimate/guide price for how much an extended warranty with an OPC costs? Let's assume it's a '16 plate S/GTS with 20k on the clock.

Mani
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Col M

Post by Col M »

Paul

Post by Paul »

Cost-wise, without looking it up, I paid at my 2nd service circa £1000 for a fourth year including Porsche assist extension for the sake period (so, 09/19 - 09/20 cover)

Edit - but buying a used car from an independant you would definitely have to pay for the intial 111 point check too.....and carry out any recommended work prior to them selling you the warranty (annecdotes of non “ N” rated tyres preventing warranties being issued)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Easy one this. Protection. I was searching for a Macan for a while. Tried several general traders one of which in Sheffield spun me a tale about replica wheels. A long way into a phone conversation, this chatty chap at Belgrave Motors (posh name) told me that the car came with 19" wheels although the car was pictured with 21" 911 Turbo Design wheels. Oh they cost a grand extra he said. He actually told me that they pay £1800.00 as the wheels new Yokohama tyres on. I questioned if that may invalidate any Porsche warranty but he insisted it wouldn't. Checked with an OPC who said it would if any claim involving brakes, wheels or suspension was made. Called the guy back and he said they were wrong, really he did. He then went off on one about Mr so and so buying from them and getting new pads at an OPC and they never noticed the wheels and tyres at all.
But fro a real dealer or put a large chunk of money aside to fix any issues.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Yep, if buying from an OPC, you get N-rated tyres with at least 3mm of tread.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

OPC - definitely peace of mind...
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Col M

Post by Col M »

Sometimes you can pay too much for peace of mind!
https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/l-Used- ... =130466614