Anyone got an Auxilliary Heater in their car?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:26 pm The heating in my SD is pants. Not a patch on my wife's Polo or any Ford product. It's been 'reset' whatever that means , bit is still just warm. Dreading the really cold weather.
I think its an improvement over my previous Golf R which was either hot or cold but not a patch on the BMW X5. The McCann seems to be doing alright but then a blast of cold air comes from the centre dash top vent.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

930Peter

Post by 930Peter »

I have the build code 7E6 PTC auxillary heater in my Macan S Diesel but unsure of the function. It turns on automatically when the door is opened and the ambient temperature is below 10 degrees celsius. A fan noise is heard from the the passenger side central air vent for about 10 seconds.

The engine us also warmed up very quickly. After 4 km driving in 50 km/h and 6 minutes the temp gauge shows already 73 degrees, amb temp approximately 9 degrees.

I have asked PC in Sweden but they are unsure of function. I beleive it is an electrical heated element in the climat units which works automatically in low ambientent temps. Anybody who knows the function?