Vodaphone Remote Services issue

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BHT

Post by BHT »

I received a text from Vodafone while I was in Morocco to say my vehicle had failed its monthly health check :o So I called my daughter to make sure the car was still at home on the drive, it was so no panic :)

Once back home I called Vodafone and they said they were unable to contact my car and it would need returning to the dealer for a reset.

As a service was due in a months time I booked it in and got them (Porsche Wolverhampton) to also look at the device and re set it.

This was done yesterday and they confirmed all was working fine, they also claimed they spoke to Vodafone and they too confirmed it was working fine.

Once home I checked the app and I was still getting a communication error, so I called Vodafone this morning. They claim they are still unable to contact the device and have no record of Porsche Wolverhampton contacting them. I have just spoken to my dealer who have asked to have the car back again, it's a 100 mile round trip for me. They now want it for a whole day so I asked for a loan car while they have it, loan car not available until 11th Dec.

I am only running remote services which expires on the 5th Jan, 25 days after it is booked in. I didn't pay for remote services as it was set up when I bought the car. Does anyone know if it renews on the expiry date or is it something that needs paying for once the first 12 months is up?
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.

Paul

Post by Paul »

You used to get it foc for 12 months, then it dropped to 6 months as it was for my 2016 GTS.
My view? Unless you really enjoy folding in your mirrors from adistance or tooting the horn from the comfort if your armchair then it’s an expense which seens to cause more grief than it’s worth.
If you’ve got the wider, tracker package then there is awhole raft of views and topics elsewhere, especially a really good piece by Bazza......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
BHT

Post by BHT »

Thanks Paul.

I guess the only time I used to use it was if we were away on holiday and the car was parked in a street. I used to set up a ring fence zone, so if the car was nicked I would have received a text message...... if i expires after the 12 month period I'll not bother renewing it, so it's not really worth me getting it sorted out with only 5 weeks left to go after its fixed.
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Paul wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:37 pm You used to get it foc for 12 months, then it dropped to 6 months as it was for my 2016 GTS.
My view? Unless you really enjoy folding in your mirrors from adistance or tooting the horn from the comfort if your armchair then it’s an expense which seens to cause more grief than it’s worth.
If you’ve got the wider, tracker package then there is awhole raft of views and topics elsewhere, especially a really good piece by Bazza......
I didn't even bother on the GTS as the first time round it was crap. Goron has written eloquently about the service (or lack thereof) and as I am no word smith, search for his fine musings. Sadly, however, I was organising the insurance for the new Cayman and was mortified when I learned the tracker is compulsory :cry: . We live in a Vodafone not spot which is going to cause no end of fun again
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18