Mr JWW buys a Macan Turbo Performance Pack

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

One of the best automotive YouTubers in my view has just bought a Macan Turbo PP. Good to see him extolling it’s virtues! It almost made me want one again.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

goron59

Post by goron59 »

I wonder how long he’ll keep it once he realises how small/impractical the Macan boot is.

I mean I took other half to the airport the other day and couldn’t even fiit just one oerson’s luggage in the back.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

goron59 wrote:I wonder how long he’ll keep it once he realises how small/impractical the Macan boot is.

I mean I took other half to the airport the other day and couldn’t even fiit just one oerson’s luggage in the back.
It’s a fair point. I cancelled my original order when it first came out because our son was still very small and we were carting so much stuff around. It just didn’t seem big enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

goron59 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:27 am I wonder how long he’ll keep it once he realises how small/impractical the Macan boot is.

Were you dispatching her forever?!

Plenty of room for our luggage for a three week holiday.

I got a boxed four burner barbie in there this spring; no need for a bit of baler twine to hold the boot down either.

I do remember coming out of Tesco with a good two trolley shop and realising i'd arrived in the 928 though; that was tight.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

goron59 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:27 am I wonder how long he’ll keep it once he realises how small/impractical the Macan boot is.

Ha, ha. I see what you mean after watching the vid. It took my wife less than 10 sec in the showroom to dismiss the Macan as a main "family" car.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Tim92gts wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:54 am

I got a boxed four burner barbie in there this spring; no need for a bit of baler twine to hold the boot down either.

I do remember coming out of Tesco with a good two trolley shop and realising i'd arrived in the 928 though; that was tight.
LOL no, but it was a very large bag that spanned the width of the boot up against the rear seats, then there was no room for a suitcase in front of it without some serious squishing, and then the hand cabin baggage had to go on the rear seats.

That sloping roofline really kills the luggage space. I could have folded the seats down, of course, but that’s kind of admitting defeat!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

goron59 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 am
Tim92gts wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:54 am

LOL no, but it was a very large bag that spanned the width of the boot up against the rear seats, then there was no room for a suitcase in front of it without some serious squishing, and then the hand cabin baggage had to go on the rear seats.

That sloping roofline really kills the luggage space. I could have folded the seats down, of course, but that’s kind of admitting defeat!

Same here. When I go away with the other half I can only get my 'proper' suitcase and one of her carry-ons into the boot. The rest goes on the back seat. Good job there's only the two of us. The Macan is no way a decent boot size for a family.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

We have family coming over from Oz to stay with us and I am thinking of hiring a people carrier because we will not be able to get the three of them and their luggage in our Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Agree that 3 adults with luggage may well not fit if they are over for hols but we are a family of 4 and I can get two suitcases stood on their sides (20kg cases) and 3 carry on cases for the overhead lockers on a plane in to the boot without removing the rear parcel shelf

Admittedly the boot is full but reckon I could get another large case in with the rear shelf removed if we wanted. How much more room do you need
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Paul

Post by Paul »

The Macan is not the most generous, but we went skiing taking 2 cases, 2 carry-on size for boots, snow chains, shovel, coats.....all in the boot with nothing on the back seats.

I’ve owned cars with much bigger boots such as the Skoda superb and Superb Estate (which would hold a small village in the boot,) but I know which one I’d prefer to drive for the other 364 days of the year!😁
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465