5k miles in....thoughts...?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ibromo

Post by ibromo »

I got a Turbo in May I thought I'd share my views after 5k miles in it...:-
- still love the chassis - pleasure to drive
- still love the looks
- always use it in Sport setting with stiffer chassis: holds revs more in gears, responds better on turn in, still comfortable (also disables auto stop-start!!Wink)
- great pace: comfortably eating RS4's off the line in the first 3 gears. Just rapid. love it.
- still miss the roar of the engine - Porsche could of at least done a trick exhaust option or something...?
- leather appears to be ageing badly, front (18 way full leather sport) seats look like they've done 30k of butt usage....worried.
- the (1) hold down the lock until double flash, then (2) double click - still disables the internal alarms and allows a nights sleep:). (note heard from dealership about this known fault)

Overall happiness score: 8.5/10

How are others getting on?

Ian

Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

Hi Ian, could you be more specific about the seat leather wear please. I am leaning towards 14 way comfort seats because I am worried the prominent side bolsters might be vulnerable to premature wear and creasing.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
ibromo

Post by ibromo »

yes, on the exit sides of the seats but also the seems towards where you sit on, but on the outer side of the thighs. Looks like there is too much leather or its too soft...
Roy

Post by Roy »

sounds like I need to invest in a butt cushion LOL to protect the seats, maybe get one with Porsche logo.
SD - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH4YFGK7 Collected 1st March - Sold

GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6EC8N2 Collected 1st June 2016 - Sold