Macan upgrades and modifications

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
martinw

Post by martinw »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:17 pm
goron59 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:23 am I'd be interested in getting the getting mine to 500HP or thereabouts, but simple remaps don't really go that far.
400HP always feels a little underwhelming, especially with such a heavy car. It's fine for effortlessly moving about, but then at lower road speeds, so is a diesel!
You should buy yourself a motorbike .......... underwhelming it will not be :D :D :D
Oh yes, 0-60 in a tad over 3 seconds, can’t beat em :D

97D35C4F-8110-48AC-A2FE-88F8AD258663.jpeg

43E20FF9-9C0E-44B8-96D7-7FFDE6BAF928.jpeg

goron59

Post by goron59 »

I hear you but sadly, motorbikes are not my bag. I quite like high-performance snowmobiles though :) Otherwise, I'm quite partial to a roof!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
martinw

Post by martinw »

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Honda Fireblade, Suzuki GSXR, Yamaha R1, BMW RR ...........

Some decent clothing ..... who needs a roof.

Zero to 100 ...... 5 seconds ish :D :D :D :D :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm Honda Fireblade, Suzuki GSXR, Yamaha R1, BMW RR ...........

There is one very serious problem with these bikes.

You need a Chiropractor after riding them.

They are for Valentino Rossi/Marc Marquez wannabees with their semi prone riding position.

Only one make worst than the bikes you quote, Ducatti, uncomfortable bag of nails of a bike.

Ex Biker myself so well used to riding but there comes a day when the old bones cannot take it any more.

Even my Triumph Sprint ST had a sub 4s 0-60 time but it is the way a bike delivers, like a Macan SD with fantastic initial pickup but the bike does not stop it just goes and goes. The Spring was exceedingly comfortable to ride distances but way way less so than my Turbo.

Yep 4 wheels now rules
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Other family members like bikes...

43A8EC3E-8CC0-4993-A0E2-7C4BA9949E23.jpeg

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

goron59 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:12 am Other family members like bikes...

43A8EC3E-8CC0-4993-A0E2-7C4BA9949E23.jpeg
Glad they enjoy two wheels and the model choice in the Beamer range looks a good one.

Absolutely the worst motorcycle engine and gearbox in the world is the Beamer 1200 boxter, agricultural and clunky is an apt way to describe them but it still has not stopped tens of thousands of Brits buying their GS. BTW Beamer bikes are not generally as well put together as their cars, nor is the service network anywhere near as good. Took my dealer 6 months to solve a problem with the 1200 RT that I had and they were nationally at the top of the service league
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

Am soooo tempted by BigBoys’ Racechip for my Turbo...

I’ve never driven a 434bhp PerformacePack - can anyone here comment on the difference in feel over standard Turbo?

The racechip stage one setting is about 440bhp, compared to standard 394bhp, so I figure it woudn’t overstress the standard Turbo mechanicals...

Personal message me if you don’t wish to publicly admit to having chipped your Macan.... 😉
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Funrider wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am Am soooo tempted by BigBoys’ Racechip for my Turbo...

I’ve never driven a 434bhp PerformacePack - can anyone here comment on the difference in feel over standard Turbo?

The racechip stage one setting is about 440bhp, compared to standard 394bhp, so I figure it woudn’t overstress the standard Turbo mechanicals...

Personal message me if you don’t wish to publicly admit to having chipped your Macan.... 😉
Drove a Turbo PP or rather thrashed one around the main PEC handling circuit.

It was awesome, pickup much stronger than with my standard Turbo and the handling was a good improvement but not vastly so compared to my Air suspended Turbo on its low setting.

Bear in mind the Turbo PP has different suspension geometry compared to a standard Turbo.

At the PEC I then drove a 911 C4 S around the same handling circuit as fast as I could and an Instructor caught me up in the very same Turbo PP and after passing me I could not keep up with him so in the right hands a TPP is even more awesome.

Do bear in mind that thrashing a Porsche around the billiard smooth PEC and expecting to do the same on open roads is only going to lead to grief, a two tonne SUV is not a sports car.

Do also note that there is a Racechip GTS chipset, new it is £500 and gives a max 80 hp increase.
Col
Macan Turbo
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:50 pm
ScotMac wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm Honda Fireblade, Suzuki GSXR, Yamaha R1, BMW RR ...........

There is one very serious problem with these bikes.

You need a Chiropractor after riding them.

They are for Valentino Rossi/Marc Marquez wannabees with their semi prone riding position.

Only one make worst than the bikes you quote, Ducatti, uncomfortable bag of nails of a bike.

Ex Biker myself so well used to riding but there comes a day when the old bones cannot take it any more.

Even my Triumph Sprint ST had a sub 4s 0-60 time but it is the way a bike delivers, like a Macan SD with fantastic initial pickup but the bike does not stop it just goes and goes. The Spring was exceedingly comfortable to ride distances but way way less so than my Turbo.

Yep 4 wheels now rules
No problem with the bikes ........ you are just too old :lol: :lol: :lol: