Macan upgrades and modifications

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:23 am
Funrider wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am Am soooo tempted by BigBoys’ Racechip for my Turbo...

I’ve never driven a 434bhp PerformacePack - can anyone here comment on the difference in feel over standard Turbo?

The racechip stage one setting is about 440bhp, compared to standard 394bhp, so I figure it woudn’t overstress the standard Turbo mechanicals...

Personal message me if you don’t wish to publicly admit to having chipped your Macan.... 😉
Drove a Turbo PP or rather thrashed one around the main PEC handling circuit.

It was awesome, pickup much stronger than with my standard Turbo and the handling was a good improvement but not vastly so compared to my Air suspended Turbo on its low setting.

Bear in mind the Turbo PP has different suspension geometry compared to a standard Turbo.

At the PEC I then drove a 911 C4 S around the same handling circuit as fast as I could and an Instructor caught me up in the very same Turbo PP and after passing me I could not keep up with him so in the right hands a TPP is even more awesome.

Do bear in mind that thrashing a Porsche around the billiard smooth PEC and expecting to do the same on open roads is only going to lead to grief, a two tonne SUV is not a sports car.

Do also note that there is a Racechip GTS chipset, new it is £500 and gives a max 80 hp increase.
440hp GTS?!!!! Wooooosh!!!! Would love to see/experience the results...
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Funrider

Post by Funrider »

Thanks Col Lamb !
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm Honda Fireblade, Suzuki GSXR, Yamaha R1, BMW RR ...........

Some decent clothing ..... who needs a roof.

Zero to 100 ...... 5 seconds ish :D :D :D :D :D
Not convinced about those being a viable alternative to an SUV, especially in the current weather!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Peteski wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm
ScotMac wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm Honda Fireblade, Suzuki GSXR, Yamaha R1, BMW RR ...........

Not convinced about those being a viable alternative to an SUV, especially in the current weather!
Very true ......... that's why I am in my Macan with heated seats :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

ScotMac wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:21 pm
Peteski wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Very true ......... that's why I am in my Macan with heated seats :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
Wimp

That said on my last bike:-

Heated handgrips - 3 stage

Heated seat - 2 stage, hot and egg frying

On me:-

Heated gloves

Heated vest

Cold what cold!
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

goron59 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:22 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 pm
goron59 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:23 am I'd be interested in getting the getting mine to 500HP or thereabouts, but simple remaps don't really go that far.
400HP always feels a little underwhelming, especially with such a heavy car. It's fine for effortlessly moving about, but then at lower road speeds, so is a diesel!
But the Diesel will get there before you if the journey is over 350 miles and speed limits are observed :roll: I would check that the PDK and brakes can handle 500bhp before you do anything.
Nah, if I observe speed limits the Turbo is hardly ticking over and will always get to that limit quicker and stop quicker. Now, if you said 450 miles, that would be different!

450 miles :lol:
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.