porsche configurator

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

So Porsche finally came back - and said that they could not replicate my problem - effectively saying that they can't help me further. :evil: :o

So even though I have tried 3 machines with 2 OS and 5 search engines and none work except for Explorer 11 - just to check my sanity I asked my kids (who work in IT) to test things for me.

One had no 360 gadget on chrome (like me) and the other got a 504 error from the Porsche server end - a new issue to me.

So if any of you have a spare 2 mins and have similar issues - mebbies you would kindly report the problems to Porsche?

Customer.Assistance@porsche.co.uk

Might get them to believe that there is a real problem.

Thanks in advance

cheers

Al

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Is it really that much of a problem to you ?
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

The issue itself is unimportant - but I prefer an honest answer - than one that implies the fault is at my end - either tech or user fault or lack of knowledge/skills. I had the courtesy to point the issue out and they should have the courtesy of offering an honest answer

They could have said - thanks for pointing that out -it will get fixed at some stage - but it may several months.

not 1st please refer this to your dealer they will sort it - - then 2nd - there is no problem at our end.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Could it be your internet security programme causing the problem? Some of them dislike the addons that power 3D images.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Bullguard is very fussy, I disable for a few minutes on active sites that don't run.

PET2 was one of the programs it didn't like; once you've opened the door they usually run fine with restored secure settings.

On the house PC with looser security config is fine.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

I posted a separate update on this - they finally admitted they have a problem now and are working on it

I know it wasn't a barrier at my end - It didn't work on 3 different machines (mac-MS and chromebook) that I own - each tried on 3 different wifi networks private and public - and my kids had the same issue on the other side of the country
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I use a MAC and have had this problem time and again.

It did work at one time but was always temperamental and often prompted me to download the same file required to view 360 over again.

Thought I would try it again after reading this thread but now no longer see the 360 option!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver