porsche configurator

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Hi Please advise folks -

Do others find they can't use the 360 view in the confuserator?

For me, using chrome or safari or edge on apple mac - or a borrowed windows pc - it asks me to download a discontinued viewer plug-in and then this does not work - and that forms a catch 22 loop - ie please download. I got explorer 11 to work the 3D on a windows machine -

But I don't see why I should be forced to use one out-of-date search engine on someone else's machine to use the 3D.

This has been the case for maybe 6-8 weeks now,

I contacted Porsche Customer Services and as usual they suggested that I go to me local dealer haha. As if they can fix a global Porsche web-site issue - Numpties!

But given that any sane business would fix such a problem in a few days and not ignore it - it must be my kit. So perhaps it's me thats the numpty.

Anyone else have issues with the 3D? Anyone else been fobbed off on this?

cheers

Alan

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome to the world of Porsche.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The "360 Explore" view works perfectly on my Windows lap top using Google Chrome and without having to download anything to access it.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

thanks sac1 must be me being a numpty then - but its weird the problem is on 2 machines and 4 browsers
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

actually I should have said that in Chrome, i do not get a 3D option offered - there simply is no 3D gadget visible to click - Just the interior and exterior 2D views
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

I have had exactly the same issue for months on a new iMac with latest software updates, keep being told to upload the useless plug in which doesn’t work. Don’t get any 360 view option on my iPad and it keeps telling me to update my browser, which is the latest rev. A bit shabby for a company like Porsche!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

thanks dave - I thought I was going mad - glad it's not just me

perhaps Porsche think Mac owners are not in their market?

for me however - Chrome doesn't offer 3D option on the latest windows either

So mebbies Porkers are only for people with out of date tech?

what's even more annoying is when they tell me to visit a dealer, (a 2hour round trip) - as if they can fix the issue!

I agree - shabby!
DSARG1

Post by DSARG1 »

Ha Ha
Glad im not the only one iv tried everything on my mac air & it doesn't work.

Cheers
Don..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

On my iPad I am constantly informed my browser is out of date. No, it is not.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

thanks guys - I first emailed porsche on this on Oct 2 - and was directed to my local dealer

today, I followed up with this (below) - any bets they just refer me to a dealer again?

Hi there,

Just to say that your web-site configurator 3D 360 facility still doesn't work weeks later - it affects all models.

It is now the subject of a Porsche forum thread - it seems many people have the same problem to access this functionality on your web-site

is you senior management aware of this? do they check their own web-site?

It seems that it.s not just all Apple iPads, mac-pros and other kit that can't use it - later versions of Windows using Chrome and Edge doesn't work either. It looks like only out-of-date/obsolete browsers can use this functionality. Perhaps that is all your web developers have access to so they are unaware of the problem?

I can't understand how a supposedly high-end company like Porsche can accept a non-functioning web-site for weeks-on-end, even when it has been pointed out to them.

Anyways - its frustrating for users - and bad business for you - but I guess its your choice.

Cheers