Technology Porsche Macan 2015

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
nas7232

Post by nas7232 »

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been searching the forum for the best way to integrate android into the car but yet to find the best way.

On my BMW X4 i found that android integration was a mare so I have used my ipod 5c via USB and data roamed my samsung s9+ of which worked well with waze working 1 in 20 times. There's no carplay/android auto on the 2015 x4 just like the Porsche Macan.

Will I be able to use the same set up?

My main problem with the X4 was poor sound in the upgraded harmon kardon system. How easy is it to upgrade the sound system with an aftermarket company?

My Macan arrives tomorrow of which PCM is specced (PCM 3.1). I look to purchase an aftermarket underseat subwoofer to take the load of the speakers and increase sound quality. I can't find a well known aftermarket company that fits high end audio into Porsches.

Thank you

Bogus

Post by Bogus »

Let me try to answer each of your questions there.

I have a Note 9 and connect using Bluetooth and play spoyify music on the cars speakers. I like the sound quality. Is it the best no it's not but I am very happy with it. I guess I like the sound of my exhaust note more like most Pirache owners do.
I also use the phone for navigation using Waze. I use a Rennline magnetic mount for the phone.

There are many after market sound installers for high end cars. I guess it is upto you whether you want to take the risk of invalidating your warranty by installing aftermarket as they will cut into the existing wiring system. So as per my understanding, any fault that subsequently arises relating to the electrical system would not be honoured or you might have serious resistance from Porsche to honour a claim.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
nas7232

Post by nas7232 »

Thank you for your post. Bluetooth looks like the easiest option but there is a significant loss of quality in sound with usb>aux>bluetooth. Hopefullly it sounds good enough as the x4 caused headaches.

Also is there much difference between PCM 3.1 vs 4.0? I bought the car outright and only have 6 month warranty
Guy

Post by Guy »

Once out of warranty perhaps consider a kit like one of these: https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto

Although I note that the android/PCM3.1 kit is not yet available.

Otherwise pop over to the US Forum at https://www.macanforum.com/ . Generally they have a more ambitious approach to such modifications, whether in or out of warranty! From memory there are several audio upgrades.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

nas7232 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:20 pm Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been searching the forum for the best way to integrate android into the car but yet to find the best way.

On my BMW X4 i found that android integration was a mare so I have used my ipod 5c via USB and data roamed my samsung s9+ of which worked well with waze working 1 in 20 times. There's no carplay/android auto on the 2015 x4 just like the Porsche Macan.

Will I be able to use the same set up?

My main problem with the X4 was poor sound in the upgraded harmon kardon system. How easy is it to upgrade the sound system with an aftermarket company?

My Macan arrives tomorrow of which PCM is specced (PCM 3.1). I look to purchase an aftermarket underseat subwoofer to take the load of the speakers and increase sound quality. I can't find a well known aftermarket company that fits high end audio into Porsches.

Thank you
Have you got the Bose system? Knocks the HK (which is Samsung) into a cocked hat. No idea about the other stuff you are talking about. I play most of my music via i-pod or CD which still takes some beating but then my ears are probably shot after decades of concerts etc.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The PCMs are very different between your 2015 and the 2016 version.

I do not remember Car Play being part of my 2015 SD but it did have Bose which has a Sub Woofer in the underfloor storage well in the boot.

Mobile phone connection was an option pre 2016
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
nas7232

Post by nas7232 »

Thanks for the replies! I have my macan and can say it's by far the best car I've owned. The sound system is far superior to the rubbish that BMW put in their cars. I have the standard system with PCM 3.1 (through researching on the American forum it seems standard system with PCM 3.1 got an enhanced sound system.

I'll await the android auto kit if it doesn't tamper with the PCM system