Macan thoughts one month in...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul

Post by Paul »

“Short, slow, stop start journey” and “dpf issues” sort of go hand in hand ☹️ (irrespective of manufacturer)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

If I remember the figures correctly, I averaged 37 mpg with my SD but then I did include some regular longer trips. However, a friend told me about how his Macan had been fitted with a TDi Tuning box because, as referred to above by Col, the poor throttle response in normal mode was extremely frustrating. Not only did this significantly improve performance, but the mpg went up to about 45mpg. You can google TDi Tuning if you're interested (the box is about £300) but be aware that fitting it (which is quick and easy) invalidates any warranty and has insurance implications (which can usually be addressed for a small fee). The box can be quickly removed as and when necessary and is traceless....

In the end, I upgraded to an S and have not regretted it, despite only averaging about 25mpg.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

One thing you may look at, re disabling the stop start. Is to go into the computer seetings in the dash and disable it, till you enable it agin.
Paul

Post by Paul »

TheTraveller wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 pm One thing you may look at, re disabling the stop start. Is to go into the computer seetings in the dash and disable it, till you enable it agin.
?? Haven’t seen this setting anywhere - the closest you can get (aside the button or sport mode) is programming the diamond button to disable....but as soon as you turn the ign off it defaults back.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Correct Paul. We’ve been around this particular buoy several times before. It isn’t possible for owners to permanently disable the stop/start. The only way this can be done is by the OPC and they are forbidden to do it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
cometguy

Post by cometguy »

I've read that others have gotten auto/start-stop to remain off permanently by pushing the memory button on the door... Ditto for the audio system remaining off when starting the car.

I test-drove a 2018 Macan a couple weeks ago, and the auto/start-stop function remained off after I turned off the engine and re-started it again. And the weather was not an issue, and the engine was warmed up.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Lots of people seem to complain about not being about to permanently turn off start-stop.
But turning it off manually is less onerous than putting your seat belt on, or having to push brake pedal before putting it in drive.
You stop worrying/caring after a few days.

General advice to OP. Get the GoodToKnow app and RTFM. It will take an hour or so, but will be quicker and you'll learn more [accurate information] than trawling this forum :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Macanporsche

Post by Macanporsche »

Paul wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:02 pm “Short, slow, stop start journey” and “dpf issues” sort of go hand in hand ☹️ (irrespective of manufacturer)

You get a warning with the dpf right?

What’s the deal after that, limp mode and a trip to the dealer? What do they then do?
Macanporsche

Post by Macanporsche »

cometguy wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 am I've read that others have gotten auto/start-stop to remain off permanently by pushing the memory button on the door... Ditto for the audio system remaining off when starting the car.

I test-drove a 2018 Macan a couple weeks ago, and the auto/start-stop function remained off after I turned off the engine and re-started it again. And the weather was not an issue, and the engine was warmed up.
I have played about with the memory button but doesn’t seem to make any difference.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

derekm wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:18 pm If I remember the figures correctly, I averaged 37 mpg with my SD but then I did include some regular longer trips.

However, a friend told me about how his Macan had been fitted with a TDi Tuning box because, as referred to above by Col, the poor throttle response in normal mode was extremely frustrating.

Not only did this significantly improve performance, but the mpg went up to about 45mpg. You can google TDi Tuning if you're interested (the box is about £300) but be aware that fitting it (which is quick and easy) invalidates any warranty and has insurance implications (which can usually be addressed for a small fee). The box can be quickly removed as and when necessary and is traceless....

In the end, I upgraded to an S and have not regretted it, despite only averaging about 25mpg.
Glad that the TDi box worked well for you.

For the Ops benefit, for years I have been whinging (cue for other to confirm) that the SD is a great engine but badly tuned, it is the same engine as was used in the Audi SQ5 where it produced 330 bhp, Porsche put it in a Macan and detuned it to only 256 bhp hence imho the SD badly needed at least another 60 bhp. The only reason the SD existed was to satisfy fuel consumption targets and to be able to market it in countries where diesels are or rather were preferred like was the case in France.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags