Service Costs

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

:roll: Yep, had 4 RX over 10 years, very comfortable, great quality, reliability and well equipped but on hard acceleration just always (to me) sounded like serious clutch slippage. Drove the smaller engined NX just once :| best left in the showroom.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

JBA

Post by JBA »

Hi all,
GTS coming up to first service, almost 2 years old, 8,500 miles.
Called local OPC and quoted £746 for minor service and brake fluid change. Told them very proudly 😊tbat I am a Porsche Macan Forum member and there is a quite a debate about OPC and mis leading service prices. OPC response: "this is a fixed price with £530 (roughly) for service and rest on brake fluid. Also GTS is a premium model so higher charge." Any thoughts on negotiation tactics as my next nearest OPC is Hatfield and they seem to max charging too (based in what I've read here).
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I'd ring other OPCs who hopefully do honour the Porsche Fixed Price Servicing initiative. Don't ring Reading! ;)

Should save you about £200, so probably worth a bit of a trip.

No reason that GTS minor service would be more than an S or a 2.0.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Call them out on talking bollocks armed with quotes from other OPCs. Also the fixed price servicing costs are on Porsche GBs website and there is no difference between different models of the same car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Paul

Post by Paul »

As wingco says, a 45 minute trip down the M4 to Swindon to save £200......

Or come a bit further, to Bristol and they’ll run you into the Mall at Cribbs Causeway (where Mrs JBS will happily spend your £200 saving!😂😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
JBA

Post by JBA »

Paul wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:34 pm As wingco says, a 45 minute trip down the M4 to Swindon to save £200......

Or come a bit further, to Bristol and they’ll run you into the Mall at Cribbs Causeway (where Mrs JBS will happily spend your £200 saving!😂😉)
Hahaha thks Paul....don't give Mrs JBA any ideas. That extra £200 could go towards another 3 tankfuls of fun in the GTS!

Thanks also WingCo and Van.
I'll keep u posted on whether my negotiation skills bear fruit...hopefully better at it than our current politicians 😂😂😂
VanB

Post by VanB »

JBA, Reading is my local OPC and have been superb when buying from them but I am not prepared to be butt-fucked by them on service cost so they can either match the Porsche GB fixed price servicing or lose my business not only for service but for purchase too and I am happy to make that very clear to them. It is most definitely worth doing the same yourself (not sure if you've purchased more than one Porshe from the same OPC, though)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
JBA

Post by JBA »

VanB wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:34 pm JBA, Reading is my local OPC and have been superb when buying from them but I am not prepared to be butt-fucked by them on service cost so they can either match the Porsche GB fixed price servicing or lose my business not only for service but for purchase too and I am happy to make that very clear to them. It is most definitely worth doing the same yourself (not sure if you've purchased more than one Porshe from the same OPC, though)
Thanks VanB. This is my first Porsche and purchased brand new from my local OPC. I'd definitely be interested in trading in for another new one when the time comes, so I think I will try using that for some leverage as you say. I think I will send the Head of Service the screenshot from Porsche GB showing the standard prices £430+95, std to Turbo (GTS omitted but not referenced anywhere else on website, so this pricing includes GTS in my view).
JBA

Post by JBA »

Quick update: Porsche centres under the Porsche Retail Group ( why and whatever that means) have opted out of Fixed Price Servicing. Most of them are around London and SE. I complained to Porsche Customer Service and was told that Fixed Price Servicing is under review with updated website page to follow March 1st.
Porsche have really let down their customers on this in my opinion.
Here is the somewhat flaccid response from them after I expressed my dissatisfaction over the phone:

Thank you for your time this morning.

Following our telephone conversation I can confirm that the fixed priced servicing list of Porsche Centres is currently under review.

At this time I cannot advise of the relevant Porsche Centres who have opted into the Fixed Priced Servicing, a updated list will be released shortly.

In the meantime please do contact your preferred Porsche Centre regarding the Service of your vehicle.

Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain.

Kindest Regards  
Paul

Post by Paul »

Typical of many manufacturers / importers.

They “force” dealerships to discount servicing by imposing fixed price servicing (note that the labor content supplied by the dealership is discounted, not the parts supplied by the manufacturer) and then their “own” dealerships choose to ignore it.

Vote with your feet!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465