Service Costs

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

JJay wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm Brilliant, thanks for the advice. Both OPC's claim that the £430 is for the base model and a GTS is more expensive. Happy to travel so perhaps a trip down the M4 it is.
They are talking b4llOcks

Notice below what I drive.

It is that very same 400bhp Turbo 3.6 litre which cost £525 for the 2 year service including brake fluid change and VAT.

Porsche fixed pricing is standard across variants.

I did say that a PDF is available to download

It is copied below although the formatting changes in a copy and paste
Macan
Fixed price servicing
Your Macan is in expert hands at your Porsche Centre. Here is a breakdown of what is included and the pricing structure of servicing work.*
Minor service includes:
• Faultcodeanalysis
• Replacementofpollenfilter
• ReplacementofoilfilterandengineoilusingMobil1oil
• ProvisionofonelitreMobil1top-uppack
• Inspectionof:vehicleundersideandenginecompartment,coolanthoses,coolant(levelandantifreeze check), radiator, air intake, brake system, brake hoses and lines, drive shafts, tyres, locks and latches, electrical equipment, horn, windscreen wiper washing system, power steering and fluid level check and lighting system (including headlights and indicators)
• Finaltestdrivetocheckallmajorsafety,comfortandmechanicalsystemsforeffectiveoperation followed by final post-drive fluid level check
Major service includes:
All items in minor service as detailed plus:
• Checkcondition,andadjustifrequired:fuelsystem,parkingbrake,clutch,steeringgear,tierodends, axle joints, running gear, exhaust system, suspension, seat belts and throttle actuation
111 point check
The 111 point check required to take out a Porsche Approved Warranty is included in Fixed Price Servicing at £217* for all Porsche models.
Macan Minor Service Major Service Brake Fluid Change
Prices include VAT at 20%.
Service timeline and additional work requirements vary according to model. For full details on your Porsche’s service requirements please contact the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre. Within a minor or major service additional parts or work may be required depending upon the age of the vehicle, mileage and wear and tear. Additional work is not included within the prices displayed, should it be required your Porsche Centre will advise you of this prior to completing the work. Having your Porsche serviced by a Porsche Centre means you also have access to a courtesy car** or the option of a collection and delivery service.**
For more information about the range of services available, please speak to a member of the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre.
*Participating Centres only. Fixed price tariffs valid until 31st December 2017. **Subject to availability and geographic limitations.

Costs below
Minor
Major
Brake flui

Macan
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00

Macan S
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00

Macan S Diesel
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00

Macan Turbo
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Paul

Post by Paul »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:49 pm
JJay wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm Brilliant, thanks for the advice. Both OPC's claim that the £430 is for the base model and a GTS is more expensive. Happy to travel so perhaps a trip down the M4 it is.
They are talking b4llOcks

Notice below what I drive.

It is that very same 400bhp Turbo 3.6 litre which cost £525 for the 2 year service including brake fluid change and VAT.

Porsche fixed pricing is standard across variants.

I did say that a PDF is available to download

It is copied below although the formatting changes in a copy and paste
Macan
Fixed price servicing
Your Macan is in expert hands at your Porsche Centre. Here is a breakdown of what is included and the pricing structure of servicing work.*
Minor service includes:
• Faultcodeanalysis
• Replacementofpollenfilter
• ReplacementofoilfilterandengineoilusingMobil1oil
• ProvisionofonelitreMobil1top-uppack
• Inspectionof:vehicleundersideandenginecompartment,coolanthoses,coolant(levelandantifreeze check), radiator, air intake, brake system, brake hoses and lines, drive shafts, tyres, locks and latches, electrical equipment, horn, windscreen wiper washing system, power steering and fluid level check and lighting system (including headlights and indicators)
• Finaltestdrivetocheckallmajorsafety,comfortandmechanicalsystemsforeffectiveoperation followed by final post-drive fluid level check
Major service includes:
All items in minor service as detailed plus:
• Checkcondition,andadjustifrequired:fuelsystem,parkingbrake,clutch,steeringgear,tierodends, axle joints, running gear, exhaust system, suspension, seat belts and throttle actuation
111 point check
The 111 point check required to take out a Porsche Approved Warranty is included in Fixed Price Servicing at £217* for all Porsche models.
Macan Minor Service Major Service Brake Fluid Change
Prices include VAT at 20%.
Service timeline and additional work requirements vary according to model. For full details on your Porsche’s service requirements please contact the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre. Within a minor or major service additional parts or work may be required depending upon the age of the vehicle, mileage and wear and tear. Additional work is not included within the prices displayed, should it be required your Porsche Centre will advise you of this prior to completing the work. Having your Porsche serviced by a Porsche Centre means you also have access to a courtesy car** or the option of a collection and delivery service.**
For more information about the range of services available, please speak to a member of the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre.

*Participating Centres only. Fixed price tariffs valid until 31st December 2017. **Subject to availability and geographic limitations.

Costs below
Minor
Major
Brake flui

Macan
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00

Macan S
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00

Macan S Diesel
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00

Macan Turbo
£430.00
£560.00
£95.00
I’ve highlighted the important bit😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Agreed. Basically means that OPCs can charge what they like/can get away with.

As always, buyer beware, and it definitely pays to shop around! :)

P.S. As we're now nearly in December 2018, I'm surprised that Porsche have still not updated the above Fixed Price Servicing price list (effective only until 31/12/2017), assuming that they're continuing with the concept of fixed price servicing...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
JJay

Post by JJay »

Hi all,

Thanks very much for all your helpful comments, a quick update on events since my original post.

Emailed the Hatfield dealer principle regarding their quote of £990 including (mandatory?) brake fluid change for the 1st minor service of my 2 year old, sub 10k mile GTS. Received an email reply from the service manager confirming this is the correct sum as subsequently reiterated in a call by the service rep he nominated to discuss further. In this call they could not explain the specifics that warrant a GTS service costing nearly double that of a base model. Nor could they confirm that the charge for a 2.0 with no extras would be the minimum quoted on their own website!? They did disclose that their labour rate is £212 per hour...maybe something to do with it?

On the flip side, hats off to Reading for their response. They called me last week to say they had investigated the original quote of £657 (ex brake fluid change) and found a number of errors in their internal systems, including pricing for twice the amount of oil needed, which lead to an incorrect price being generated. They have now revised the cost to £467 inc VAT. Previously I have always found the team professional and efficient and while it's very easy to be cynical feel that they have taken positive action in the management of this issue.
Col M

Post by Col M »

Impressive... Hadn't realised that the GTS had three pedals: Accelerator, Brake, and Back. ;)
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Paul

Post by Paul »

Good result; the value of this forum and a bit of perseverance on the phone to dealerships 👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

JJay wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 pm Hi all,

Thanks very much for all your helpful comments, a quick update on events since my original post.

They did disclose that their labour rate is £212 per hour...maybe something to do with it?
Lucky mechanic
Its nice to see the OPC service charges helping the Porsche independents businesses ;)
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rab J wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:39 am

They did disclose that their labour rate is £212 per hour...maybe something to do with it?
Lucky mechanic
Its nice to see the OPC service charges helping the Porsche independents businesses ;)
The mechanic won't get to see most of that £212. The bulk of it goes to covering the massive costs of running (and building) a modern OPC with its multi-million pound shiny premises and dozens of support staff & management. :geek:
Simon

VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:31 pm
Rab J wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:39 am

Lucky mechanic
The mechanic won't get to see most of that £212. The bulk of it goes to covering the massive costs of running (and building) a modern OPC with its multi-million pound shiny premises and dozens of support staff & management. :geek:
It doesn't excuse blatantly ripping off customers by spouting utter rubbish about cost differentials between variants!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Agreed
Simon