Dealers that discount parts?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Does anyone know of any dealers you can email that will look up parts and give you the best discount available? For instance BMW/Mini have a few dealers like Cotswolds and Harry fairbairn would give you huge discounts and vagparts used to do VW parts very cheaply. Does such a thing/place exist for Porsche? There may not be the same incentive for Porsche but these guys were selling huge amounts of parts.

Paul

Post by Paul »

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Fish that ride bicycles.....๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Sorry to be flippant, Porsche dealers donโ€™t really play that game; when I ran dealerships and we had a bodyshop we struggled to get a parts / panel supply at all, let alone discounted!

Things may have changed - let us know how you get on!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Seems a shame that, some of the BMW dealers have really slick setups. They're selling so much they have their own sponsored sections on a lot of forums, send them an email and you'll have a heavily discounted price back within an hour.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

This is a volume driven business at the end of the day. I think you'll find the volume of BMWs far outstrips that of Porsche's volumes which is why some discount on volume purchases for BMW are available. Similarly, try asking for a discount on a forged composite rear wing of a Lamborghini Huracan Performante and see the response! A mate of mine asked. They laughed so hard I think they needed a defibrillator at the end of it! :lol: :lol:
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

You can normally get 10% by membership of POCGB - but is membership worth the discount
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

rossman999 wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:38 pm You can normally get 10% by membership of POCGB - but is membership worth the discount
I did see that :)
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

GMAN75 wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:34 pm This is a volume driven business at the end of the day. I think you'll find the volume of BMWs far outstrips that of Porsche's volumes which is why some discount on volume purchases for BMW are available. Similarly, try asking for a discount on a forged composite rear wing of a Lamborghini Huracan Performante and see the response! A mate of mine asked. They laughed so hard I think they needed a defibrillator at the end of it! :lol: :lol:
Doesn't need to be volume purchases/group buys mate, they'll give you discount on an order of 1 No. of anything. I do take your point though that the amount of BMWs out there is far greater. Maybe this is a business opportunity for someone who works in a parts department, they can't be kept busy with routine enquiries all day. Maybe Porsche themselves won't actually allow it? :lol:
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

jonnydrama wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:55 pm
GMAN75 wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:34 pm This is a volume driven business at the end of the day. I think you'll find the volume of BMWs far outstrips that of Porsche's volumes which is why some discount on volume purchases for BMW are available. Similarly, try asking for a discount on a forged composite rear wing of a Lamborghini Huracan Performante and see the response! A mate of mine asked. They laughed so hard I think they needed a defibrillator at the end of it! :lol: :lol:
Doesn't need to be volume purchases/group buys mate, they'll give you discount on an order of 1 No. of anything. I do take your point though that the amount of BMWs out there is far greater. Maybe this is a business opportunity for someone who works in a parts department, they can't be kept busy with routine enquiries all day. Maybe Porsche themselves won't actually allow it? :lol:
It isn't one of the most profitable car companies in the world for nothing!
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Well here's the answer from my helpful local parts department, they can, do and will discount even without PCGB membership. They're sending me through some wheel prices, which will probably still scare the shit out of me but it'll be interesting to see the difference from RRP. Intrigued to see how they stack up against other options like design911uk.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

jonnydrama wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:18 pm Well here's the answer from my helpful local parts department, they can, do and will discount even without PCGB membership. They're sending me through some wheel prices, which will probably still scare the shit out of me but it'll be interesting to see the difference from RRP. Intrigued to see how they stack up against other options like design911uk.
I got 10% discount on my winter wheel/tyre set. I mentioned I was a PCGB member, but they never asked for proof. Seems fairly straight forward to get 10% off parts.

As with service costs, very much worth shopping around with different OPCs. Often a trip of a few miles can be worthwhile. I have an OPC in my home town, but travelled 42 miles to Tewkesbury to get a better deal. Definitely worth it and theyโ€™re a friendly bunch there too. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018