Viewing New Macan tomorrow

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Thanks for the pics Dave. Did you take it for a ride?
Can you feel the diff between gen 1 and gen 2 higher emission std and fewer horses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

davetronic

Post by davetronic »

No, didn’t take a ride as just popped in for a look! I’ve never owned a Macan so have nothing Porsche wise relative to compare against. I will be getting a drive soon though. I like the big wheel look but my Ghibli is fairly firm on 20” wheels and I’m hoping for a better ride even if I have to spec air. The roads where I live are like moguls!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Thanks for the pics. I want to like the new dash but it just doesn't look as well thought out as the Panamera or Cayenne. The air vents look like they're in the wrong place but I guess they were restricted by the space they had available on the original dash. Hopefully they'll sort it out in the new one.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Thanks for photos.

Nice interior :D :D :D
Caster

Post by Caster »

Thanks for sharing the info/pics guys. Not getting a sniff of new model at my OPC until later in month - in fact they found it hard to believe some OPC's had already got 'em!

PS....agree with dislike of front lip + got a feeling you might not be able to only spec a front skid plate to replace it like on old model.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

GMAN75 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:08 pm One thing which has carried over is that ridiculous lower plastic lip on the front end. I think it's standard on older models as well but goes when you opt for the sports design kit. Sorry is it just me or does that thing just need to be binned?! If you go for a new Macan opt for the sports design kit!
Totally agree, front spoiler awful. Prefer gen 1 rear lights, facelift looks ‘cheaper’ from the rear. Will be keeping our Macan GTS for sure and saving for a 992

Sat nav and front lights an improvement btw
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nothing there to even temp me to consider changing.

The chin spoiler looks like what was fitted to the SD, its a butt ugly carbunkle.

Got to hand it to Tesla, a vertical LCD display is far better from a user point of view than a horizontal display, which does look good in the Macan. Practically if I display a Map with up being the direction of travel I want to see the road ahead not the road sideways as will be the case with a large horizontal display.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

I’ve never had a Porsche before let alone the outgoing Macan but loving the drive of the demo vehicle, the new rear end design and the huge display, etc.

Cannot wait.

Just need the anticipated ship date from Germany now.

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Alan Ellis

Post by Alan Ellis »

I have ordered my macan S, I had to order off system and it's one of 4, will be here in March , can't wait
Macan GTS 2022/22 - Silver - wife’s car on order
Macan GTS 2021 - Carmine Red
Macan S, 2019 - White
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:29 pm Nothing there to even temp me to consider changing.

The chin spoiler looks like what was fitted to the SD, its a butt ugly carbunkle.
Useful for small change nonetheless 😂

33293DB7-E57E-46E3-84A4-E072AEBF56F9.jpeg

1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465