Sell or Hold

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

nozydog wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 am
VanB wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:22 pm There are 2 sides to every coin and in the current uncertain economic climate, I would not necessarily pay cash for a depreciating asset when you have a built-in stop-loss on a finance deal. Sometimes the peace of mind is worth the additional interest payments. Also, try and get a personal loan for more than £25k and you will find it nigh on impossible.

That being said I have nearly always paid cash for my cars as it usually works out cheaper over the period of ownership. Right now, with Brexit uncertainty, I wouldn't. Porsches are luxury vehicles and their residuals could be badly hit if a Brexit related recession is around the corner.

You pays your money you takes your choice (or is that chance)
Surely that could also work the other way, for instance if German cars go up in cost after a bad brexit deal, residuals would also climb!!
True - exchange rate would play a big part there
Deposit paid: Cayenne 3.0
Current: Audi Q7 272hp (2016)/ SQ5 (2015)
Weekend: 911 Carrera 4 (1999)
Daily: BMW i3 (2016)

Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

There seems to be demand for the Macan GTS at the moment. I was called by a few OPCs offering good money for my GTS. I did think about it but there is nothing else that comes close so decided to keep it and enjoy :) .
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Hitman999 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm There seems to be demand for the Macan GTS at the moment. I was called by a few OPCs offering good money for my GTS. I did think about it but there is nothing else that comes close so decided to keep it and enjoy :) .
👍 Right decision also had same for my Turbo, what's the point unless you already have another more suitable vehicle in mind lined up.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
SamSam

Post by SamSam »

Glad I found this group.
I am about to buy outright pre owned dealer approved Maccan
Getting a brand new one would have been great but the steep price even with financing could not make it attractive.

Certainly hope it’s the right decision as models seem to hold their value & I like owning* my car till wheels fall off.
Spec & milleage means, still paying top price for a used one :|