Post by happy days »

Peteski wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:56 am

or you live in NI? :D
Clear off you!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S

nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Like most options I'd personally say (for me) it's a total waste of money! If you like the look of it on the dash that's fine, but think how forty £20 notes would look in your hand!!! In my opinion, the only option absolutely necessary on a Macan (assuming you're an enthusiastic driver) is Sports seats which really should come as standard on a car like this! Many will argue that PASM is a must and not having tried this I cant actually comment, but many do think it makes a worthwhile difference! Obviously for those concerned about appearances (probably most of us) then metallic paint and bigger wheels would be considered must haves but these are really not essential. I think certainly the facelift, with LED lights and Sat Nav, has plenty of kit and by adding thousands of pounds worth of options will only lose you money at trade-in!!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 am If we're going to have a chat about useless bits and pieces, turn your attention to the £2k pano roof option in "sunny" UK. Can't get enough of people trying to justify their wastage on that! :lol:
I presume you didn't spend last summer in the UK then, or you live in NI? :D
Peteski, I was punished in summer. I have never experienced anything like the discomfort I had in the summer. I was looking to the sky asking, why me? Why?! I don't believe in God at all but I felt there was something just there punishing me. The heat was unbearable. I was also forced onto public transport in those conditions. Animals have it better!! BUT... there was salvation!! The Macan's airco saved me on many days. There couldn't have been any scenario where I would have chosen a pano roof over the cool refreshing airco. Nor could I envisage a situation where I would opt to sit in a car with an open roof in London traffic and bake in the sun. Baking in the London sun with no cool release at the end of it is like...a lap dancing bar...frustrating!

Lastly, you talk about fumes??!! Open a pano roof in London.

I prefer my solid roof AND my sports chrono! :lol:
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 am If we're going to have a chat about useless bits and pieces, turn your attention to the £2k pano roof option in "sunny" UK. Can't get enough of people trying to justify their wastage on that! :lol:
Peteski, I was punished in summer. I have never experienced anything like the discomfort I had in the summer. I was looking to the sky asking, why me? Why?! I don't believe in God at all but I felt there was something just there punishing me. The heat was unbearable. I was also forced onto public transport in those conditions. Animals have it better!! BUT... there was salvation!! The Macan's airco saved me on many days. There couldn't have been any scenario where I would have chosen a pano roof over the cool refreshing airco. Nor could I envisage a situation where I would opt to sit in a car with an open roof in London traffic and bake in the sun. Baking in the London sun with no cool release at the end of it is like...a lap dancing bar...frustrating!

I'd have neither!! Rather have a nice set of satin gunmetal 20 inchers!! But I won't even notice those from the drivers seat (so 99.9% of the time!!) But to me, a pano roof & SC are totally pointless as I'd use neither... so I may as well make my car look a little cooler with some nice wheels!

Just shows how different we all are, and why there are so many options on offer.... we all want something a little bit different! :D
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Ah I see what you mean now! Yes I agree that an actual opening pano roof is a total waste of time. I do quite like the sky view through them though, but you only get the full effect if you are sat in the back seats. I forgot Porsche don't have a fixed pano roof option, which would make a lot more sense to me as I've never ever wanted to open any sunroof in a car with a/c.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I see no value in a pano roof unless your a plane spotter.
As for SC in a SUV, I don't think its necessary at all. I have it in the 911 and to be driving quick enough on the road to feel the advantage is way past licence loosing, and believe me I'm no driving Miss Daisey pilot.
BTW, very sunny here in NI this year but I spent most of my time on Ballymena beach and not driving. :D
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Rab J wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:37 pm I see no value in a pano roof unless your a plane spotter.
I'm no plane spotter, but I find the interior a bit dark and dingy without a glass roof. A view of the sky is always nice to have, whether sunny or not. I guess some people appreciate that sort of thing and others don't, which is why it's an option.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Peteski wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:50 pm
Rab J wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:37 pm I see no value in a pano roof unless your a plane spotter.
I'm no plane spotter, but I find the interior a bit dark and dingy without a glass roof. A view of the sky is always nice to have, whether sunny or not. I guess some people appreciate that sort of thing and others don't, which is why it's an option.
+1. If Porsche followed JLR and offered a non opening pano roof at a lower price then that's the option I would tick.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 am Frankly, it's a useless piece of kit but if you're going to argue over £800 in a £70k car, go buy something else.

I love it anyway, have used it, and love knowing that it appeals to the inner hoon in me. It hardens the car up and elicits complaints from the other half who is sitting in the passenger seat. All good things.

If we're going to have a chat about useless bits and pieces, turn your attention to the £2k pano roof option in "sunny" UK. Can't get enough of people trying to justify their wastage on that! :lol:

Cannot say that I agree with Gman at least in what I have highlighted in bold.

Pano Roof, only benefit for me is that:-

1) it lightens up a very dark interior

2) it gets instant fresh air in quantity into the car very quickly, extremely usefull when Grandson has let one go in the back.

:o
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

The main benefit of SC is that the "wart," as some people like to call it, breaks up the vast dash but you can do that for a lot less with the compass. Had it on the GTS at the suggestion of the SE but rarely used it and have it on the 911 as it was standard but have yet to use it. Preferred mode of driving is sport using the paddles, sport + can get you into serious trouble very quickly if you're not careful. Also think pano roof is a total waste of money but they are a bit like marmite as people seem to love them or hate them. Had one on a leased X5 a few years ago and never used it and kept the shade closed.

Each to their own and we are a bunch with somewhat eclectic tastes!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate