Macan S Mk2 vs base Cayenne

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

With same engine, and adding same options, cayenne is about 15 percent more expensive. If you don’t really need the space, but alot of long journeys, which one would you go for?

mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

For me the Cayenne as I like the extra space on the boot and rear seats when I have people over to visit, but it is a matter of choice

Macan would be slightly more driver oriented and Cayenne comfort oriented

Both drive like a Porsche should though - I always had big-ish cars so for me the Cayenne is a no brainer. I had a Macan 2.0 for a few months which I liked but didn't think the driving experience was that much better and felt the slightly larger space up front, rear and trunk were more important for me

My personal view is that the price difference is not as much as it should be hence the upgrade to the Cayenne is an easier decision - if you compare the entry level X3 msport with the X5 msport, entry level GLC vs entry level GLE and entry level Macan vs Entry level Cayenne, it shows the Cayenne is a nicer "deal"

My 2p
Deposit paid: Cayenne 3.0
Current: Audi Q7 272hp (2016)/ SQ5 (2015)
Weekend: 911 Carrera 4 (1999)
Daily: BMW i3 (2016)
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

My OPC salesperson confirmed earlier in the week that there will be a Cayenne Coupe along pretty soon which I would definitely be interested in. I like the idea of a bigger Macan which is effectively what it would be

I just prefer the flowing lines as opposed the box shape regular cayenne
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Actually it would be the Cayenne for me even after having owned probably the best Macan that there is.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
wilko

Post by wilko »

I literately made that choice yesterday.
Had a Macan Turbo that got stolen 6 weeks ago, and after a lot of test drives ended up back at the porsche dealer trying new macan against cayenne.
I loved the macan, but after driving one back to back, the macan is marginally more driver focussed, but the cayenne is a lot more refined.
The macan also has too many compromises on rear seat and luggage space, so I ordered a base cayenne.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

wilko wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 pm I literately made that choice yesterday.
Had a Macan Turbo that got stolen 6 weeks ago, and after a lot of test drives ended up back at the porsche dealer trying new macan against cayenne.
I loved the macan, but after driving one back to back, the macan is marginally more driver focussed, but the cayenne is a lot more refined.
The macan also has too many compromises on rear seat and luggage space, so I ordered a base cayenne.
Agreed, as mentioned earlier for the price difference I believe the benefits of the Cayenne outweight the ones of the Macan - both amazing machines though 8-)
Deposit paid: Cayenne 3.0
Current: Audi Q7 272hp (2016)/ SQ5 (2015)
Weekend: 911 Carrera 4 (1999)
Daily: BMW i3 (2016)
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

wilko wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 pm I literately made that choice yesterday.
Thanks for the feedback. Drive the macan Turbo now, but for my use the engine is a bit overkill. Great fun car though. New 3.0l hot v engine speaks to me (low down torque suits my mainly highway driving), and the refinement you talk about might tempt me to switch to cayenne.
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I bought purely on practicality - if you need the space, and can live with the larger size in parking then buy a Cayenne, but if you don't need the space or prefer something easier about town or in car parks buy a Macan.

I bought the Macan and have not looked back, just think before you buy, it's your choice, not ours, make it count as it's a long time to regret buying something you wanted and shied away from.

James