Windscreen cracked

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Hi all. Advice please.
A stone hit my windscreen the other day. Passenger side just above the wiper. It has made a chip along with some cracks around it the size of a tennis ball. It does not obstruct my view and i don't think it will get worse. The car in booked in for a service in Leeds on 14th Jan. (that is the earliest date they could give me with a lone car). My question is has anybody used autoglass for a replacement? Aviva my insurer is linked with them. Or should I get the OPC to replace it when they have it in for its first service.

Cheers

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Good question - I have had them fill a chip (with insurance cover) and it was the easiest thing in the world to do - they do do re calibration stuff associated with complex screen antenna, cameras etc but have not used them. Be interested to see if anyone has.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Col M

Post by Col M »

My first, 12 months ago, was a nightmare. £90 repair of the roof switch panel. At the time they didn't stock the clips so it was policy to use the screen glue/mastic to hold it back in place.

Tried to use the OPC the second time (a month later!) but Admiral stated they'll only contribute £50 if I didn't use Autoglass.

Oh I was also told if my car had been over 3 years old they would no longer use OEM glass.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col M wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 am My first, 12 months ago, was a nightmare. £90 repair of the roof switch panel. At the time they didn't stock the clips so it was policy to use the screen glue/mastic to hold it back in place.

Tried to use the OPC the second time (a month later!) but Admiral stated they'll only contribute £50 if I didn't use Autoglass.

Oh I was also told if my car had been over 3 years old they would no longer use OEM glass.
That's just one of the downsides of cheapo insurance from the likes of Admiral.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Had my Macan windscreen replaced twice in 12 months by Autoglass using OEM screen and they did the calibration. No problem at all and very efficient.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col M

Post by Col M »

Peteski wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 pm
Col M wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 am My first, 12 months ago, was a nightmare. £90 repair of the roof switch panel. At the time they didn't stock the clips so it was policy to use the screen glue/mastic to hold it back in place.

That's just one of the downsides of cheapo insurance from the likes of Admiral.
Yeah I was on the rump end of the previous car's insurance. When it came to renewal Admiral weren't cheapo. Their quote was £938 for the Macan.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I am also insured with Aviva and had the windscreen replaced by Autoglass 1.5 years ago without any problems.
My car has the rain sensor and also the speed signs recognition camera, all works perfectly after the replacement.
I did have to go to Guildford and leave the car with Autoglass for 3 or 4 hours.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0