New Cayenne order - Base or E-hybrid

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

So....have my order placed on a new Cayenne - my spec gets locked down in mid-Jan approx.

Today talking to the mrs we thought if it was worthwhile going from a mid-nice spec base Cayenne or a low-spec E-hybrid (note we are always keen to have eco-friendlier options having owned a Prius, CT hybrid, 2x i3s and X5 40e)

My current spec is the following

- 3.0 Base Cayenne
- Moonlight Blue
- Black/Mojave Beige Interior
- Wheels: 21 Cayenne RS Spyder design
- Panoramic Roof
- Privacy Glass
- Compass display on dashboard
- Heated front seats
- Heated Steering
- Loadspace management system (for the dog)

To go for e-Hybrid we might have to go for 19s, grey interior, perhaps solid colour , so most likely:

- Solid Black
- Grey interior leather
- Heated front seats
-Heated steering
-19 alloys from S
- Loadspace Management
- Pan roof (must for us)
- Privacy

What would be everyone's views? Important for me also is re-sale value as I usually pay outright for the cars
Deposit paid: Cayenne 3.0
Current: Audi Q7 272hp (2016)/ SQ5 (2015)
Weekend: 911 Carrera 4 (1999)
Daily: BMW i3 (2016)

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Whichever of the two models you choose, you should add PASM, particularly if you're specifying 21" wheels. If reports are to be believed, the Panamera hybrid is, worldwide, the best selling version of that car. Whether that will translate to the new Cayenne, who knows. Which means predicting resale value is a complete guess. One thing is for certain, the same percentage drop in value involves more money with the hybrid than with the base Cayenne,

Your signature shows that your daily driver is a BMW i3. If it were me, I would say that car is my bit for the environment and I would go for a well optioned Cayenne. But only you and your wife know what you're going to be happier doing.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Personally the e Hybrid would be my own choice.

Absolutely essential for my spec would be Air Suspension, standard Cayenne suspension is supposed to be firm and yet thumps and bumps on poor road surfaces.

Comfortable seats, surround cam and variable cruise control would be on my list if they are not standard.

Also I am unsure what is the standard lighting, I have LEDs and would not now have anything else.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:07 pm Personally the e Hybrid would be my own choice.

Absolutely essential for my spec would be Air Suspension, standard Cayenne suspension is supposed to be firm and yet thumps and bumps on poor road surfaces.

Comfortable seats, surround cam and variable cruise control would be on my list if they are not standard.

Also I am unsure what is the standard lighting, I have LEDs and would not now have anything else.
Thanks - Led and leather are standard on the Cayenne from any model
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Just out of interest...why the Cayenne??

It seems to me you are comprising the spec of your car to fit a budget just so you can buy into the brand. Is it worth it to get such a base spec, on both models I might add, to fit your desire to own a Cayenne?

If you compromise either way, the only person who has to live with the car, and any possible regret, is you.

Just my thoughts...hope you choose well.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I would definitely choose the hybrid if you are going to use it regularly for short trips in and out of town. Basically depends if you can take advantage of the hybrid functionality.
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

GMAN75 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:16 pm Just out of interest...why the Cayenne??

It seems to me you are comprising the spec of your car to fit a budget just so you can buy into the brand. Is it worth it to get such a base spec, on both models I might add, to fit your desire to own a Cayenne?

If you compromise either way, the only person who has to live with the car, and any possible regret, is you.

Just my thoughts...hope you choose well.
Thanks - to be fair the spec on the base is as much as I need on the car, have been on the brand for many years...had the Macan, Cayenne, Boxster (2x) and 911s. It is more about how much I want to spend for the family carrier
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Go for the Hybrid, it's faster, cheaper, and the way things are going will probably retain better value and be more desirable in the future. I'd be happy with the base spec plus your choices, but probably plump for 20" and PASM as well as forget the leather interior and go for the mid range adjustable seats instead and still be better of?

James
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

jesim1 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:04 pm Go for the Hybrid, it's faster, cheaper, and the way things are going will probably retain better value and be more desirable in the future. I'd be happy with the base spec plus your choices, but probably plump for 20" and PASM as well as forget the leather interior and go for the mid range adjustable seats instead and still be better of?

James
Thanks, PASM is standard on the e-hybrid and base leather as well which is good enough :)
wilko

Post by wilko »

It depends when you want a car. I was told base by April, E-Hybrid sometime in 2020.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R