ACC in Sport mode

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Despite having almost three years of Macan ownership now, I'm still finding the odd nugget and I really like this one. No doubt I'm not the first, but just in case this appeals to others I thought it worthy of a mention.

Like many, I really enjoy driving the GTS in Sport mode, it feels just right when you want to enjoy the drive and access the immediacy of response that is denied in Comfort mode. The only downside being that when you're tootling in traffic or cruising, it holds on to the lower gears rather than change up, usually two ratios lower than Comfort.

However, with ACC activated in Sport mode, as soon as you (or the ACC) back off and 'cruise' behind traffic, it changes to the highest possible gear (like in Comfort), but then the merest whiff of throttle intervention, say when an overtaking opportunity arrives, has it back down to the lower ratios.

I've always used ACC regularly in Comfort mode even when in 30/40 mph traffic and now I've been using this combo for my commute to work for the last couple of weeks I think it's magic IMO.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17

Caster

Post by Caster »

Thanks jk88 - nice to know. Use ACC all the time on the Good Lady's T-Roc + wish I'd specced it on my SD.

Porsche system sounds good + will certainly have on next one. 👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Yes indeed. For long journeys on dual carriage ways with interesting twisty bits at each end, Sport w/ACC is very nice.

Did you also know that in Sport, and more so in Sport Plus, the automatic braking and acceleration under ACC is much stronger?

Put it in ACC/Sport Plus and you'll be the best of the late brakers without touching a pedal :lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR