Potentially lethal Porsche

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

GMAN75 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am If you already consider the car you're buying as a trumped up badge, why are you proceeding with the purchase??!
I am buying it (paying an extra £20,000) for the badge - I want the badge; I am paying for the badge. Surely you don't believe that the extra cost of every part of this car, is pound for pound, delivered in superior engineering, superior materials, superior quality. I and all of you are paying for the badge and I am happy to admit that. Whilst I am happy to pay for the prestige of a Porsche badge I did expect that it would come with better 'customer service'.

My (poor) experience (customer service experience) is small/petty/trivial compared with the OP. In the case of the OP (taking aside the complicating lease questions) I would expect Porsche to replace the defective car with a new one, take the defective car back to Germany and do whatever it took to discover the fault to be sure that it wasn't a design fault because this is Porsche, a company who's core values are about superior engineering and I would expect them to be mortified by the possibility that they had a fault that remains uncorrected. For the extra money, that is the type of Customer Service I expect.

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Fairynuff wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am If you already consider the car you're buying as a trumped up badge, why are you proceeding with the purchase??!
I am buying it (paying an extra £20,000) for the badge - I want the badge; I am paying for the badge. Surely you don't believe that the extra cost of every part of this car, is pound for pound, delivered in superior engineering, superior materials, superior quality. I and all of you are paying for the badge and I am happy to admit that. Whilst I am happy to pay for the prestige of a Porsche badge I did expect that it would come with better 'customer service'.

My (poor) experience (customer service experience) is small/petty/trivial compared with the OP. In the case of the OP (taking aside the complicating lease questions) I would expect Porsche to replace the defective car with a new one, take the defective car back to Germany and do whatever it took to discover the fault to be sure that it wasn't a design fault because this is Porsche, a company who's core values are about superior engineering and I would expect them to be mortified by the possibility that they had a fault that remains uncorrected. For the extra money, that is the type of Customer Service I expect.
Mate, your posts show clear conflict. Your attitude is "I want a badge and in my view I expect that badge to be X and I think it's Y. BUT...no matter I still want the badge therefore do what I want so I can justify to myself that I got what I paid for". That's what I hear. Just save yourself the "premium", if that's what you think. Faults happen. You're in manufacturing and nothing's perfect...nothing. As to service, all I can say is my experience has been nothing short of exemplary. You may get the odd hiccup but, like I said, Skoda make a great alternative.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Service is very much down to the personnel involved. I've had great service from the most ordinary of manufacturers and s##t from dealerships that thought themselves top drawer.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Not wanting to take anything away from your experience but do you really think what you're suggesting is reasonable? And whilst we all think Porsche build some great cars, like any business they're only as good as the people who represent them and sometimes from our perspective they get it wrong. If this happens to me and I'm that put out I tend to take my business elsewhere. But we all have to deal with things in our own way.

In my opinion the OP has just gone about this the wrong way and all that has done is vexed him even further. Life's too short to waste time on stuff like this, just cut your losses, move on and be happy you drive something else other than the thing that was at the root of your disappointment and anger.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whatever you do Do Not Buy any JLR car !!!!!

If you think Porsche after sales service is poor, then if Porsche is Premier League then JLR is definately Non League or even a Sunday Pub Team by comparison.

Faults may happen but the sheer numbers of Porsches produced the overwhelming majority come with zero or only minor faults then you have to have bad luck to get a Lemon of a car.

The fact that 75% of all Porsche cars produced since they came into being are still here is testament to their build, is there any other significant marque that comes close?

Keep up the pressure and I am confident it will be sorted.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Fairynuff wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am Unlike the OP and most others on this forum I am in the process of buying my first Porsche and from my very limited experience I can understand some of the frustration that comes through in this post.

The car I am buying is a Volkswagen/Audi with a Porsche badge on and I am paying an extra £20,000 for that badge; that's OK, my choice, I accept that but for that extra £20k I expect better Customer 'Service' than I would get at Volkswagen/Audi and in my experience the 'service' from Porsche is not as good. I recently (naively) wrote to them describing my 'journey' through the process which I thought was valuable feedback for any organisation wanting to provide better customer service. My letter was given to the head of Customer Cervices (the section I was complaining about) to respond and that response was at best non committal and at worst curt.

Prior to writing to them, I went onto the Porsche web site to look up their mission statement / core values and I did note that there's a lot on there about racing cars and 'exclusivity' and nothing about valuing the customer. I did wonder whether the poor customer service was a known and managed aspect of the Porsche marketing model i.e. 'treat them mean and keep them keen?'

(Note 1: I am not talking about John Smith the car salesman, the guy who plies you with coffee and compliments and who has become your new BFF, I am talking about Porsche core values / the business and marketing model).

(Note 2: This is a forum, and like all forums it is a valuable source of information from people who know the subject and who have first hand experience but like all forums most members join them because they want to hear positive things about what they believe and it becomes tribal and anyone saying something negative about the tribe is attacked).
If you are talking about Porsche GB then I've found their "customer service" pretty non-existent. As for Porsche dealerships, they are just conventional franchises with the usual commission based sales and rip-off servicing. Showrooms and the actual cars are quite nice though!
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 pm

Whatever you do Do Not Buy any JLR car !!!!!

If you think Porsche after sales service is poor, then if Porsche is Premier League then JLR is definately Non League or even a Sunday Pub Team by comparison.

Faults may happen but the sheer numbers of Porsches produced the overwhelming majority come with zero or only minor faults then you have to have bad luck to get a Lemon of a car.

The fact that 75% of all Porsche cars produced since they came into being are still here is testament to their build, is there any other significant marque that comes close?

Keep up the pressure and I am confident it will be sorted.
I've owned a few new Discoveries and used two different dealers, one was by far the worst experience I ever had, and the other was the best. All car have faults, 100% of the new Porsches I've bought have had fairly serious issues, its how the dealer reacts when issues occur that makes the difference. My local OPC are excellent so getting faults sorted was painless.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

....I wonder what came of this?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

CharlesElliott wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:38 am ....I wonder what came of this?
The Op is probably now driving a Dacia.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Didn't get the support he deserved ;)

My Yeti had a spell of 'no gear available' and coasting to side of road so can sympathize with how upsetting/frightening it can be. Garage did what they could but it was intermittent. They never saw it even when they used it for a week eventually it did it and still had no gears even when the RAC man arrived (independent witness!) winched on transporter back at garage it drove straight off the transporter :lol: First step on flow chart said change oil in gearbox - never happened again :?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960