Potentially lethal Porsche

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Redman66038

Post by Redman66038 »

Hello all

Like most people on this forum I have always idolised the marque. A recent event that put mine and my families lives at risk has left me in disbelief that Porsche would leave me up the creak without a paddle.

Read my story on the following link, and if you agree please share with others.

https://potentially-lethal-porsche.com/ ... l-porsche/

johnd

Post by johnd »

This may or may not be genuine. Personally I'm wary about following a link to a totally unknown site that could harbour all sorts of dubiousware and from a first-time poster to boot. Others may be more trusting than me.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I'm not sure what you're expecting by posting a story on here that may or may not be true or accurate. If you're not happy and Porsche aren't responding in the way you would want them to then surely your next move would be contacting a solicitor.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Paul

Post by Paul »

I did click the link (far too trusting of my i-pad firewall / malware programme😉 )
(and he has got a tripadvisor profile which seems genuine)

On the face of it a fairly distressing experience, but as a lease car customer he has no direct link with Porsche; his contract is with his lease company.

Also, without being able to replicate the fault, it will be difficult for any dealership to cure....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Redman66038 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:29 pm Hello all

Like most people on this forum I have always idolised the marque. A recent event that put mine and my families lives at risk has left me in disbelief that Porsche would leave me up the creak without a paddle.

I firstly want to point out the I am certainly not trying to belittle or compare experiences.........

However, if you take the time to research my profile and read my many posts you will appreciate I am not averse to a little bit of bad luck. Where you & I both differ is the approach in which we have both taken to resolve our bad luck.

I approached this forum for advice, hints and tips. When, unfortunately, the proverbial did hit the fan I had a veritable wealth of knowledge to fall back on.
I, like yourself, have had a tumultuous time with my new Porsche. I approached this forum and detailed all of the facts. If truth be known I probably revealed too many details. Either way, I detailed the facts and was honest with my situation. I took the advice offered and mulled over where I stood. I then spoke to the dealer principle (twice on two separate occasions as it happens) and got the satisfactory results I sought.

I suggest you tackle your problems head on. Taking out a webpage add and deflaming a marquee brand and then spreading this across the many forums will get you nowhere. Most forums are built up of fans of the brand and you trying to defame their brand will invite every single troll to visit you.

If it’s help you are after, then I will suggest you have come to the right place. If it is ammunition you are looking for, then good luck. Most of the hard luck stories, mine included, have had a very happy ending.

Good luck.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Red5

Post by Red5 »

OP, you sound like quite a snow flake!
Especially if you’re joining loads of forums and spamming them with your outrage and obstenance!

Most things you / we do are ‘Potentially Lethal’ :roll:

You elected to buy this machine to travel in, fully aware that some of these machines develop faults from time to time!
You then put your CHILDREN inside this metal machine of doom and propelled it to insane speeds, of up to a maximum of 70 MPH and NEVER faster :shock:

Potentially coasting to a halt is not ‘OMG MURDER DEATH KILL LETHAL’ really is it.
Your car had a single fault / glitch. The car is fully tested, then driven for 250miles by the OPC.
Should they change the engine, all ECU modules and the full wiring harness, just as a precaution?

Perhaps if this had happened a good few times, you might have cause to be indignant, if nothing was being done to help.
Your car has hurt your feelings. How do you really think any OPC can mend these?

Reason has left the room :|
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

smithy37 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:42 pm
Redman66038 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:29 pm Hello all

I firstly want to point out the I am certainly not trying to belittle or compare experiences.........

However, if you take the time to research my profile and read my many posts you will appreciate I am not averse to a little bit of bad luck. Where you & I both differ is the approach in which we have both taken to resolve our bad luck.

I approached this forum for advice, hints and tips. When, unfortunately, the proverbial did hit the fan I had a veritable wealth of knowledge to fall back on.
I, like yourself, have had a tumultuous time with my new Porsche. I approached this forum and detailed all of the facts. If truth be known I probably revealed too many details. Either way, I detailed the facts and was honest with my situation. I took the advice offered and mulled over where I stood. I then spoke to the dealer principle (twice on two separate occasions as it happens) and got the satisfactory results I sought.

I suggest you tackle your problems head on. Taking out a webpage add and deflaming a marquee brand and then spreading this across the many forums will get you nowhere. Most forums are built up of fans of the brand and you trying to defame their brand will invite every single troll to visit you.

If it’s help you are after, then I will suggest you have come to the right place. If it is ammunition you are looking for, then good luck. Most of the hard luck stories, mine included, have had a very happy ending.

Good luck.
OP please follow smithy37 travails with his car and how he has opted to resolve this. Without diminishing your story (I have no way of knowing what occured other than reading the article behind the link) you tend to get more out of people / organisations when you follow some rules. This forum is full of good advice gleamed from experience. Again, go by Smithy37 story..
Good luck
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I have not read the story on the attached link, as it it is poorly referenced and might be a honey-pot full of malware, targeting Porsche owners!
However, writing blogs slaying reputable firms is not a right way of getting issues resolved.
Engage the firms directly, talk to ombudsman overseeing lease company, write to Porsche AG. It is not in anybody interest to dismiss your/user feedback.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Not the way to resolve the matter.

See Smithys post of Enough is Enough, Cayenne to go Back.

Then replicate.

A one off is simply not justification for the reaction.

I lived with a similar issue with my Jag for 11 years and survived.

I do not remember ever reading about your Macan problem here on on the USA based Macan forum, so it does seem a one off.

If you have lost confidence move on, trade it in for another marque
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

As it's a lease car I believe the issue should be taken up with the lease company in any case.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate