Rear Light Bar

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Peteski wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:32 pm Go to 37:05 on this Polestar 2 vid for the latest rear light bar tech
Any kind of sweeping lights or indicators looks extremely tacky in my opinion. Although Audi especially seems to think they're cool. Porsche - if you're listening - please don't put sweeping lights on your cars. It will be a reason for me not to buy it. Oh, don't do fake exhausts either.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

PaulR wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 pm
Peteski wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:32 pm Go to 37:05 on this Polestar 2 vid for the latest rear light bar tech
Any kind of sweeping lights or indicators looks extremely tacky in my opinion. Although Audi especially seems to think they're cool. Porsche - if you're listening - please don't put sweeping lights on your cars. It will be a reason for me not to buy it. Oh, don't do fake exhausts either.
I'm more open-minded. It can be tacky or stylish depending on how it's executed. The Polestar implementation is quite subtle, Audi not so much.
Tesla have this silly Christmas light show (seriously tacky!) but in normal operational use they are very restrained with conventional flashing and no strobe effects.

At the end of the day, the reason why indicators flash is to get your immediate attention. Sweeping lights achieve the same thing. I don't see how one is inherently more tacky, it's just down to the execution and your perception of something "different". What I don't like about the Audi/VW strobing indicators is their sheer size. They look ridiculous and draw too much attention.