Rear Light Bar

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

It's the first time I've noticed it. But a guy who drives along my road has a Kia Sportage. It's about two or three years old (on a private plate), and this has a full width light bar across the back. Maybe Porsche took some time to emulate it. I don't think it looks good on that car either, Just a preference.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Oddly enough, I also was approaching what I thought was a facelifted Macan but it was a Kia. Bizarre.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:21 pm It's the first time I've noticed it. But a guy who drives along my road has a Kia Sportage. It's about two or three years old (on a private plate), and this has a full width light bar across the back. Maybe Porsche took some time to emulate it. I don't think it looks good on that car either, Just a preference.
Or just closer to home copying...

Capture.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

I have a full width light bar on the 911 GTS and think it looks good. It certainly stands out!

I had a Kia Sportage as a rental the last time I was in the US. It is actually not a bad car, especially for the money but rather numb to drive.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Hmm, Kia Sportage...........must be an echo in here....................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

I'm a bit "meh" when it comes to the light bar - it's in vogue at the moment and a lot of manufacturers are adding them. Personally I like the big unadorned rump of my Macan :P
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:39 pm I have a full width light bar on the 911 GTS and think it looks good. It certainly stands out!

I had a Kia Sportage as a rental the last time I was in the US. It is actually not a bad car, especially for the money but rather numb to drive.
I do like the thin bar on a 4s, very discrete. My wifes TT has a similar arrangement thats acts as a brake light which looks cool. I would have added the 991 4s light bar to my GTS but not an option. I am far from sure about the 992 or Macan2 bars which are a bit OTT and KIA like for my taste.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

Travelling down a busy M4 on a dark and wet night I was glad that all the cars in front of me did not have a rear light bar! It would be like Blackpool illuminations with red bars of light across all 3 lanes. Clearly they are a matter of taste ( I loathe them) but if they atr too widely adopted the unecessary light pollution will be a real pain.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Crazy diamond wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pm Travelling down a busy M4 on a dark and wet night I was glad that all the cars in front of me did not have a rear light bar! It would be like Blackpool illuminations with red bars of light across all 3 lanes. Clearly they are a matter of taste ( I loathe them) but if they atr too widely adopted the unecessary light pollution will be a real pain.
Not a fan of bi-xenon or LED headlights, compared to halogen ones, for light pollution reasons coming towards you on the other side of the M-way I guess either then! :cry:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 pm
Crazy diamond wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pm Travelling down a busy M4 on a dark and wet night I was glad that all the cars in front of me did not have a rear light bar! It would be like Blackpool illuminations with red bars of light across all 3 lanes. Clearly they are a matter of taste ( I loathe them) but if they atr too widely adopted the unecessary light pollution will be a real pain.
Not a fan of bi-xenon or LED headlights, compared to halogen ones, for light pollution reasons coming towards you on the other side of the M-way I guess either then! :cry:
The key word is “ uneccesary” large rear light bars are just unecssary bling ! :D