Rear Light Bar

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

VanB wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:25 pm Just pop it in "Park" and take your foot off the brake. Simples ;)
Or pull the P brake and leave it where it is. Much more simples :)

I remember a thread in the old forum where somebody was convinced the HOLD function turned OFF the brake lights.... but it turned out, he got out of the car and went back to have a look. And of course, as soon as you open the door, it puts the parking brake on for you.

Oh, how we laughed!

Simpler times :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

And the Macan automatically releases the handbrake when pressing the accelerator. So even more simples! I just stop the car, flick up the handbrake switch, and take foot off brake. Then press accelerator when time to go...
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

It think it looks cheap...this is a design mistake for what is such a pretty car.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

VanB wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:25 pm Just pop it in "Park" and take your foot off the brake. Simples ;)
I find it easier to slip it into neutral with the parking brake applied. It's just one push forward without having to press the gear lever release. Yes, you do have to press the brake and the gear-lever release to put it back into drive, but for a stop of any duration it's better for the driver behind. You have to bear in mind though that selecting anything other than drive releases the Hold function if you had set it when coming to a stop.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Cheshire Cat wrote:... One of my pet hates are drivers that sit in traffic with the foot on the brake blinding anyone behind. Of course, with the 'Hold' facility, this would never happen behind a Macan ;)
One of my pet hates is people driving Agricultural Vehicles in the city, pushing in front of others and as I was driving a 2-seater coupe, all I could see was a loadbox or tailgate!?
That gave me a good cover story for Mrs P that I had to overtake the AV, so that we have better visibility of the road and traffic ahead.
Now... I am getting an AV myself [emoji38]
Last edited by Pivot on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Anyone else think it just makes it look like a Kia Sportage from the rear?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
goron59

Post by goron59 »

bennachie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:03 pm Anyone else think it just makes it look like a Kia Sportage from the rear?
Nah. The sportage looks half decent. :lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

The reality is that the Macan has had a mid life update. Facelift.

Most manufacturers do this to prolong the production cycle.

The face lift really is a new front bumper / integrated indicator in the fins and the light bar across the boot. Plus the new PCM

Very cheap to do as no real change to the car other than bolt on's. and gets people talking about it and maybe even changing car.

Personally, i'll be waiting for the all new one in 2022.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

SP6IGHT wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm The reality is that the Macan has had a mid life update. Facelift.

Most manufacturers do this to prolong the production cycle.

The face lift really is a new front bumper / integrated indicator in the fins and the light bar across the boot. Plus the new PCM

Very cheap to do as no real change to the car other than bolt on's. and gets people talking about it and maybe even changing car.
True but there are also the new 3.0 (and 2.9) engines, and LED as standard, and presumably facelift GTS and Turbo models to come.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
pmg

Post by pmg »

SP6IGHT wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm
Personally, i'll be waiting for the all new one in 2022.
Some press reports say this is the last IC engined Macan and the next model is pure electric. I trust you are happy an electric vehicle can fulfil your needs?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8