Macan S Launch date Uk and delivery times

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dmk

Post by Dmk »

Wondering does anyone know when Macan S will be available for customers to collect.
Had thought initially Feb 2019 but understand now there is an official Uk launch with dealers.
Any ideas please.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

An S is on the configurator.

See this thread for more info

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8197
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

I have heard nothing from my own OPC reorder placed mid-December but there is a thread in the forum where someone reports their OPC has told them no UK S deliverys before April 1st. I leave it to you to decide how seriously you take the comment!
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

pmg wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm I have heard nothing from my own OPC reorder placed mid-December but there is a thread in the forum where someone reports their OPC has told them no UK S deliverys before April 1st. I leave it to you to decide how seriously you take the comment!
If you read that thread by GW2015 which I posted the link too prior to your post they say that they have a February build.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:46 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm I have heard nothing from my own OPC reorder placed mid-December but there is a thread in the forum where someone reports their OPC has told them no UK S deliverys before April 1st. I leave it to you to decide how seriously you take the comment!
If you read that thread by GW2015 which I posted the link too prior to your post they say that they have a February build.
Yes I am aware many have been told February build and March delivery to the dealer I was just reporting a later comment by another forum member talking to his OPC. I believe a WLTP issue was involved in the reported delay
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I understand that first batch of Macan S will land in Feb/Mar. I was told by the OPC that there is no shipment planned for entire April. Shipments are planned to resume in May.

All this uncertainty around Brexit is not helping anyone. Macan is very popular all over the world and while our politicians are debating what to do, our Macan slots get allocated and shipped to other RHD markets.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Dmk

Post by Dmk »

It’s interesting that there is nothing firm about time.
I get feeling everybody being told something different.
Does anybody know if s model needs a launch before sale in uk.?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum, Dmk! :)

There’s no rule that says you can’t buy or take delivery of a new Porsche model before it’s been launched in local OPCs.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

The various timescales will differ from dealership to dealership dependant on size of dealership target, allocated build slots and number of customer orders already placed at each dealership.
Just because build starts, say, in Feb doesn’t necessarily mean that your dealership will have free build slots.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Contrary to Pauls comments I would think that it is very different.

With BREXIT looming Porsche would probably be concentrating on getting UK orders fulfilled and shipped to arrive in the UK pre the big day.
Col
Macan Turbo