GAP Insurance on New Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
amf

Post by amf »

Hi All

New member here with a Macan S on order for delivery in June! I am wondering if you guys can give me some advice re gap insurance. My OPC provided me with the following information:
  • 24mths at £349
  • 36mths at £499
  • 48mths at £599
These policies have an unlimited claim limit and also includes £750 towards any excess you have to pay if you are found at fault for the write off.

Any tips or suggestions much appreciated. Thanks

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

ALA used to do discounted Gap and wheel insurance for forum members, someone will know the code. See how that compares.
amf

Post by amf »

Macananon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm ALA used to do discounted Gap and wheel insurance for forum members, someone will know the code. See how that compares.
Thanks for your reply @Macananon and I checked ALA already but big difference in the terms:
1) they don't have an unlimited claim limit
2) they only cover £250 towards excess (unless you buy the extra excess insurance)
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Can I ask why you require an unlimited claim limit? At worst, it's the value of the car less what the insurance company pay.
I took this out with my Macan from the OPC and am able to get a refund on the unused time element when I part-ex'ed the car, though I think it had a claim limit of £40k when I read the small print
Macan
Taycan Turbo
amf

Post by amf »

neilj007 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:40 pm Can I ask why you require an unlimited claim limit? At worst, it's the value of the car less what the insurance company pay.
I took this out with my Macan from the OPC and am able to get a refund on the unused time element when I part-ex'ed the car, though I think it had a claim limit of £40k when I read the small print
Good point - what do you mean by unused time element? Do you mean if you trade your car in before the end of the GAP term (say 4yrs) ?

Thanks
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

We have bought from Gap Insurance. The claim limit is not unlimited, but we purchased the replacement GAP, which is sufficient for us. And their policy contributes £250 towards insurance excess. To be honest the likelihood of you needing it is very slim, fingers crossed, so why pay over the odds for a feature you might never use. You can transfer any unused policy to your next car.

Have a look on their website: https://www.gapinsurance.co.uk/how-do-o ... ompare.asp
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
amf

Post by amf »

Semerka wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:48 pm We have bought from Gap Insurance. The claim limit is not unlimited, but we purchased the replacement GAP, which is sufficient for us. And their policy contributes £250 towards insurance excess. To be honest the likelihood of you needing it is very slim, fingers crossed, so why pay over the odds for a feature you might never use. You can transfer any unused policy to your next car.

Have a look on their website: https://www.gapinsurance.co.uk/how-do-o ... ompare.asp
That's great, thanks Semerka - yeah I will most likely NOT buy from OPC and buy from either ALA or someone else but I was just wondering if any other forum members had been offered a similar package from their OPC. I asked who underwrites the policy that they are offering so I will update here once i hear back from OPC!
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Yes, it offered by OPC's as a default on both new and used cars purchases.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Standard OPC action is to offer GAP and finance services.

Check out NFU for car insurance, it includes GAP as a sort of freebie.

Many of us here are with NFU.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
amf

Post by amf »

Thanks Col. I will check them out!