My GTS still for sale...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

...at Swindon. Price has gone from an initial £66,950 to £64,950 and now £62,950...that's their margin nearly gone
Macan
Taycan Turbo

pmg

Post by pmg »

I was keeping a clean eye on the nearly new GTS market from September onwards. this was always due to happen once the ability to order new S available. New S has the same size brakes and suspension improvements and for all practical purposes same performance and probably better fuel consumption. You can even spec sports design package if you wish. the one remaining advantage of the GTS is the 10mm lower ride height.
I have just specced on S to your GTS spec as far as possible to £68K. Porsche code PK7NNLC9.

your ex-car is now a year old and 10k mileage, I would suggest they will struggle to get more than £60k for it.

In late November I backed away from paying an as new price for an 18 month old 15K high spec GTS as I foresaw the prospective loss on the emergence of new S
Last edited by pmg on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

A GTS is more than a cosmetic add on to an S.

Internally the engine and gearbox have upgraded components and if I remember correctly a GTS has larger brakes.

You can achieve the lower ride height by including Air suspension and setting it on the Low position.

Many of us with Air suspension do just that and for us it actually improves the ride quality.

It is typical GTS, they do seem to hold their value better than other variants.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:38 am A GTS is more than a cosmetic add on to an S. AGREED

Internally the engine and gearbox have upgraded components and if I remember correctly a GTS has larger brakes. See below

You can achieve the lower ride height by including Air suspension and setting it on the Low position. See below

Many of us with Air suspension do just that and for us it actually improves the ride quality.

The new S has the same size 360 mm brakes. The lower GTS ride height is maintained irrespective of Air suspension i.e GTS on low air setting 10 mm lower than S on low air setting. GTS with just PASM 10 mm lower than PASM S
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:38 am A GTS is more than a cosmetic add on to an S.

Internally the engine and gearbox have upgraded components and if I remember correctly a GTS has larger brakes.

You can achieve the lower ride height by including Air suspension and setting it on the Low position.

I think you missed the point here.

The NEW S is, as near as damn it, a match for the old GTS. Thus, the issue is whether you would go for 10k mile second hand GTS or spec yourself a brand new S? That, I believe, was the driving point. No pun.
pmg

Post by pmg »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:09 am
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:38 am A GTS is more than a cosmetic add on to an S.

I think you missed the point here.

The NEW S is, as near as damn it, a match for the old GTS. Thus, the issue is whether you would go for 10k mile second hand GTS or spec yourself a brand new S? That, I believe, was the driving point. No pun.
Exactly the "GTS" is a parts bin marketing concept to lift sales and keep demand up when the OPC's have noticed a fall in interest for the model. I am not saying a GTS is not a step up from the equivalent S but as time moves on subsequent S's can catch up with previous GTS's.

It will be interesting to see what fresh extra bits from the parts bin they pull out for the next GTS which no doubt will be worth more and the new S in the subsequent s/h market. I am expecting some minor tuning of the engine providing more power but maybe a loss of torque at low revs.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Yes, with most Porsche updates, the new 'base' model usually matches the previous 'S' version and the new 'S' model usually matches the previous GTS model in terms of things like power output, performance figures and brakes etc. So the new GTS will have more power, bigger brakes and slightly better performance figures than the new S, and maybe in line with the 'old' Turbo...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
happy days

Post by happy days »

TG did a piece on rally cars from the 80s a while back comparing them to their showroom equivalents from today. Interesting stuff; most of the modern cars could trounce the exotic stuff from a few years ago.
Macan S D
718 S
VanB

Post by VanB »

Some very accurate comments above - the new 992 S has the exact same output (444bhp) as the outgoing 991.2 GTS so would expect the 992 GTS to be around 460/5.

New Macan GTS expect a bump of c 20bhp over the outgoing but it won't be available until 2020 autumn at the earliest
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I think one of the best aspects of a GTS version is that quite a few of the nice to have extras are standard and so hold their value better than if added to a base or S. A 60k GTS Macan will be worth much more than 60k S at three years old and thats before you take into account the impossible to spec special GTS features that help bring a smile
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50