PCP colour constraints?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Hi folks,

Would a dealer prevent a bold interior/exterior colour combo being selected for a Macan on PCP?

or are they generally tolerant of people's tastes.

cheers

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

My first thought would be that they wouldn't care so long as you keep up the payments. However, you may face a lower balloon with higher monthly payments if they believe your "taste" is detrimental to the vehicle. Possible.
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Thanks Gman - yes, my fear was that they would either disallow or add a hefty premium onto the cost -

Has anyone any actual experience of this? cheers
Paul

Post by Paul »

PCP residuals are all computer generated. You’d have to get an eagle-eyed underwriter to decrease the value, but I think that unlikely (I also can’t think of any really awful combinations....)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Paul wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 pm PCP residuals are all computer generated. You’d have to get an eagle-eyed underwriter to decrease the value, but I think that unlikely (I also can’t think of any really awful combinations....)
Yes they are but subject to varying inputs. In both my PCP experiences, colour has been specified. How that impacts, or what metrics are used, to feed that through to residuals is unclear. However, if someone ordered a pink Macan, and Porsche built it, I would want it amortised as much as possible before I agreed to take it onto my books at the end of a PCP term!