Approaching Lock Down

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

G/Day Forum from sunny Adelaide

As the title suggests I’m getting close to “D” day and seeking advice on a couple of options for my pending 2019 S ,
PK48CDF2. Is the current code which is quite comprehensive (bordering OTT ) but look l’m 66 and intend keeping the S for a while.....hopefully.

Question I’ve optioned SC and read that I would possibly rarely use it , saying that I do like to drive enthusiastically @ times would that still be the case for seldom use of SC ?
Also haven’t optioned Comfort Lighting , should I ?
Noticed on the OZ cars, 75 litre tank, Surround Veiw, Privacy Glass, Auto dimming outside and inside mirrors , etc. are std fit here.
Any input greatly appreciated
Rgs.

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCall.d ... e=PK48CDF2
Last edited by Stanley246 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

VanB

Post by VanB »

It is just an opinion but I think SC is a bit of a waste of money. Yes, it gives a more aggressive gearbox map and launch-control but the likelihood of using it more than a couple of times is minimal. If you like to drive in a spirited fashion then put it in sport manual and use the paddles which should give you all the fun you will need.

Light comfort pack (or whatever it's called) does make the interior much nicer in the dark and is a low-cost option. If you have any passengers it also gives you the light with the vanity mirror which, certainly on Macan 1 in the UK, was missing unless you had the pack.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I cannot see your code on my iPad.

See the first line of my signature for my essential Macan inclusions.

Whilst I have SC it is rarely used but mine is a Turbo, so in an S you will probably use it more as you seem to like aggressive driving.

Comfort lighting is well worth it.

Air will give you the option of running the car lower which does improve the handling and it gives a better quality of ride.

I am a few years older than you and find LED lighting superb, as big a leap over xenons as xenons are over halogen.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

I would definitely second the vote for LEDs although I think they are standard on Mac 2 (not sure about in Oz)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

VanB wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:36 am It is just an opinion but I think SC is a bit of a waste of money. Yes, it gives a more aggressive gearbox map and launch-control but the likelihood of using it more than a couple of times is minimal. If you like to drive in a spirited fashion then put it in sport manual and use the paddles which should give you all the fun you will need.

Light comfort pack (or whatever it's called) does make the interior much nicer in the dark and is a low-cost option. If you have any passengers it also gives you the light with the vanity mirror which, certainly on Macan 1 in the UK, was missing unless you had the pack.
Many Thks Van-B for you’re reply well noted
Rgs 246
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

VanB wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 am I would definitely second the vote for LEDs although I think they are standard on Mac 2 (not sure about in Oz)
Yes std on the 2
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 am I cannot see your code on my iPad.

See the first line of my signature for my essential Macan inclusions.

Whilst I have SC it is rarely used but mine is a Turbo, so in an S you will probably use it more as you seem to like aggressive driving.

Comfort lighting is well worth it.

Air will give you the option of running the car lower which does improve the handling and it gives a better quality of ride.

I am a few years older than you and find LED lighting superb, as big a leap over xenons as xenons are over halogen.
Many Thks Col for your input, very much appreciated
Rgs 246
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

Air suspension and LeDs are a must. They transform an already great car into a phenomenal one. I love the SC but as others pointed out not value for money for the number of times you would use it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum. The last time I was in Oz (2006) the country was festooned with ridiculously low (compared to the UK) speed limits. They seemed to be rigidly enforced and fairly uniformly obeyed. Given that, I would suggest SC is a wasted option for you. SC reduces the 0-100km/h sprint by 0.2s. Unless you plan to regularly head well away from the various towns and cities just to try SC out, I would use the money for something else.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Air suspension if you're doing any off-roading , PASM and Bose a must. Most people spec their new cars with resale in mind and the Salesman will tell that SC is a must, it isn't. 14 way comfort seats also and 20 or 21" wheels. Good luck cobber.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.