Macan BEV v Facelift

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dandock wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:47 am With Porsche doing Formula E next season (?) i don't believe there can be any doubt as to where they're ultimately heading.

And with the WEC committing to a hydrogen class with Le Mans '24 being the first big target it will be very interesting to see what transpires in the years ahead. Maybe the world won't be totally EV at all.

"Having implemented diesel and then hybrid technology over recent years, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest says the hydrogen fuel cell is its next target and has set up a working group to formalise it.

The WEC revealed that seven major manufacturers and part makers are actively developing the technology to set the conditions for the new class.
Bring it on I say. I'm happy to give anything new a try.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Toyota is also championing car hydrogen development.

USA article: "Toyota Won’t Make A Proper EV Because Dealers Say It Won’t Sell"
https://insideevs.com/toyota-no-ev-beca ... wont-sell/
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

SAC1 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am Toyota is also championing car hydrogen development.

Yet they seem to think people will be wanting to buy this:-

I just don't get Toyota and certainly not their vision of the future.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Peteski wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:32 am
SAC1 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am Toyota is also championing car hydrogen development.

Unbelievably, I saw one in Mayfair the other day. HORRID LOOKING THING!! Anyone championing this thing needs their head examined. I hope it's just used as a test bed vehicle or mule of some sort!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am
Peteski wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:32 am

Unbelievably, I saw one in Mayfair the other day. HORRID LOOKING THING!! Anyone championing this thing needs their head examined. I hope it's just used as a test bed vehicle or mule of some sort!
+1 Not the fault of the engine, though.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 am +1 Not the fault of the engine, though.
I agree. That's the thing I just don't get with Toyota. All their "alternative" fuel vehicles are fugly as hell. Of course they won't sell them if that's how they choose to play it! I saw one of these mutants on the A43 the other week, probably heading to Swindon for some fuel.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:52 am
Dandock wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 am +1 Not the fault of the engine, though.
I agree. That's the thing I just don't get with Toyota. All their "alternative" fuel vehicles are fugly as hell. Of course they won't sell them if that's how they choose to play it! I saw one of these mutants on the A43 the other week, probably heading to Swindon for some fuel.
No disrespect intended but I wonder if they envisaged them as aimed for the Far East market and in particular China. Eastern vehicle design has mostly been, shall we say, idiosyncratic.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Dandock wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:09 pm
No disrespect intended but I wonder if they envisaged them as aimed for the Far East market and in particular China. Eastern vehicle design has mostly been, shall we say, idiosyncratic.
Yes, well, here is a package for a Toyota V12... :lol: :lol: :lol:

screen-shot-2018-03-05-at-8-59-08-am-1520258378.png

Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:09 pm
Quite possibly. But the Chinese EVs I've seen so far look quite reasonable. Or are they intended to sell to the west rather than their home market? Who knows, but Toyota is certainly not on my radar for my next car!
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Peteski wrote: Yet they seem to think people will be wanting to buy this:-

J-Lo design principles are popular in some places [emoji2956]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4