Why Can't I Order A Macan GTS?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

I am assuming facelift including sports design package and just that bit lower again.

I see on Pistonheads there is a new facelift S plus sports design 10 miles for sale at just under £70K

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... ck/9355821
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Paul

Post by Paul »

👎
I thought Porsche were trying to stop speculators?

This must be one of the very first facelift S models in the country and already for sale as a used vehicle?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

Paul wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:11 pm 👎
I thought Porsche were trying to stop speculators?

This must be one of the very first facelift S models in the country and already for sale as a used vehicle?
And I am fairly sure they have not yet got this car or another cheaper S spec one for sale on their site judging by the photos off the configurator, I priced the cat new at just under £63K on the options actually mentioned in the advert so if nothing else they are looking for about £7k profit
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

The ad states they have no vehicles in stock. It appears to be a trade sale.
I'm sure Porsche could identify who has ordered this if they wanted to.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

I suspect they may find few takers. This is not 2014 with order lists shooting over a year.3 to 4month delivery dates and there is a good supply of year old GTS's in the used market. Those ordering today are being told reasonably delivery dates. I suspect the one chance of a reasonable profit is if no deal Brexit puts prices up 10%.

I do wonder how many Taycans they have ordered.
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

I have been trying to order the Taycan for ages but no one is yet taking cash yet from the general public :-(
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

I have managed to pre-order a facelifted GTS albeit only last week. I have a build slot but it is a new OPC. I paid £3k for the build slot and have all the docs etc. They reckon it will only land December 19 at the earliest and be circa £60k without options.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 pm I have managed to pre-order a facelifted GTS albeit only last week. I have a build slot but it is a new OPC. I paid £3k for the build slot and have all the docs etc. They reckon it will only land December 19 at the earliest and be circa £60k without options.
Which dealer did you order via and what was the base cost of a GTS pre-facelift?

Congrats on getting in an order.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would imagine almost any OPC will take your £3k deposit and happily tell you that you are on the list for a new GTS eventhough they don't know yet much about when it will be available. They just bank the money and put your name on a list as you can't even spec a car yet.
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Bazza06 and Mcdk , quite possible but the paperwork says I’m on the list for a GTS. The good news is the price is supposedly imminent. I’m happy with my current car and I am waiting till the new reg in March 20. My OPC is brand new and not even open yet. They are trading out of a temporary building next door but the showroom opens in April.

Several posters have stated that new OPC’s will be easier to deal with as they don’t have existing customers and can sell the lots.